Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DigitalKnight
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question copy and paste in web browser?

so in chrome and in FireFox i am unable to select a section of text and copy and paste it for searching?

I am used to being able to do this on IOS. is there a way on the N7?

Default Re: copy and paste in web browser?

Hold your finger on the text you want to copy. Copy icons and selection sliders will appear. Hit copy to copy. Long press in an input box and paste will appear as an option.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Tried that and it was not working but after I read your reply and tried it a few times it started to work.... Strange......

Thx.
    ohmslaw likes this.

It's a little iffy, I've found it works best with a lighter touch (but still a long press) - if I squish my finger down hard it doesn't seem to want to register.

Quote Originally Posted by pete_lockwood View Post
    Hold your finger on the text you want to copy. Copy icons and selection sliders will appear. Hit copy to copy. Long press in an input box and paste will appear as an option.
    I am using a Nexus 7 tablet. I've tried holding down my stylus on text when icons appear there is no choice for copy to copy.

Quote Originally Posted by John Wilkerson View Post
    I am using a Nexus 7 tablet. I've tried holding down my stylus on text when icons appear there is no choice for copy to copy.
    it usually will appear but if it doesnt long press the selected text, copy will appear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalKnight View Post
    Tried that and it was not working but after I read your reply and tried it a few times it started to work.... Strange......

Thx.
    You might have earlier been trying 'long hold' on empty region of browser where there was no text...

I use Android 4.1.2 - can't properly "cut & paste" with long press. - in CHROME -
    feature works fine in MetroWeb Browser!
    So what's up there. Hope Google knows about this.