Surprised No Google/Nexus Public Announcement?

maverickfan22

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised Google/Nexus has not brought up any of the defects. I like that at least Apple acknowledged to the public they had a problem with Iphone 4's antenna placement.

It's a shame that there are so many defective units. I haven't been reading every single post on every single thread that mentions problems. Sounds like Google may be doing a decent job at getting replacements once an indvidual contacts them.

Everyone's thoughts?

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I never owned an iPhone, but I think that iPhone 4 issue was a design problem that affected all the phones, so they had no choice.

Nexus 7 design seems great, it just has some spotty manufacturing issues and it seems like nobody ever talks about those problems.

Though I really would hope Google could say something about the washed out looking screen some of us have problems with. I'd feel much better if Google said they can fix it with a software update so I don't have to worry about exchanging my tablet again.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I owned am iPad 2 that I purchased on release day. It had terrible display bleed and its display was also squishy around the area where the bezel met the home button. These were common problems discussed vehemently on Apple forums. Apple said nothing and released nothing.

These issues aren't at all new or unique to Google. I'm an early technology adopter and it happens all the time and no public statements are made (and generally not required).

Keep in mind that the iPhone issue impacted core functionality. Screen separation is a very different thing. And just like with the iPad, most of the people who notice these issues are folks reading forums and spending a lot of time examining every detail of their devices. The average consumer probably won't notice, and if they do, they probably won't care. (In my case, I am bothered slightly, but after a week have decided to just enjoy my awesome device and invest my energies in other things).

Its not to say that we and Google shouldn't care, but it is to say that there's nothing unique about this situation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums