Do you keep your Nexus 7 always ON?

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Current uptime is 319 hours. However after around hour 150 I started noticing glitches on the home screen. I'm sure if I rebooted that they would go away, but I don't want to reboot! :(

I've always had the goal of getting my Droid Charge to 1000 hours of uptime (!), but everytime I got close, I ran into some sort of problem. Like GTA III froze my phone, or I had to give the phone to my Dad to use when he broke his Droid X. Just constant things stopping me from reaching 1000 hours. I think the highest I reached on the Charge was around 700 hours.

I'm sure the N7 can do 1000 hours and even 2000 hours (!!!), but the home screen glitches are annoying. Nothing will properly update now. For example, Plume (twitter app) used to update on the home screen but after around 150 hours or so, it has stopped.

Also power widgets (shortcuts to WIFI and screen brightness) do not properly update. The WIFI light on the widget is always turned on, regardless if WIFI is being used or not. Stuff like that just isn't working properly anymore. :(

I had a few bouts with lag as well, but I think it stopped when I closed a bunch of game programs I had running.

sk102704

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Always on and the only time I have turned it off was when I knew I wouldn't use it for several hours, which has only happened a couple of times since I've got my N7. I haven't had any issues at all.

markyoung04

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
On 24/8 if I could :). During the day she is propped up on my BT Logitech keyboard (cover of keyboard acts a stand, sweet) - I use Tablet Talk as I text a lot for work and the BT keyboard coupled with my N7 and Tablet talk is a pure joy. At night I read with it until I fall asleep my phone has been relegated to 2nd tier except in the car.

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine is always on, and I never reset it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Same here. I haven't reset it since I've gotten it. Its only been a week or so, so far, but I usually keep it on. If I'm not using it though I'll let it fall asleep.

headamp

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've only restarted mine when it needed to. I suppose that when I fly I'll have to turn it off. It's not a goal or anything - more like laziness and impatience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Just like my phone I turn it completely off when I charge it and I will turn it off if I am going to be away from it for several hours

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Always on. What's the point having an instant use device if you have to wait for it to wind up every time you want to use it?

DannyDefinit

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I power it off before I go to sleep, and whenever it's not in use for a while during the day.

I try to conserve as much power as possible out of the Nexus 7, knowing that the enclosed battery has a finite number of charges & discharges.

Androhead27

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I power it off before I go to sleep, and whenever it's not in use for a while during the day.

I try to conserve as much power as possible out of the Nexus 7, knowing that the enclosed battery has a finite number of charges & discharges.

That battery is replaceable and really easy to do from the videos I've seen on YouTube. :) It is also gigantic and accounts for much of the N7's internals. It looks like a heavy duty battery, hopefully It will last a while.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: DannyDefinit

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I never turn mine off. Never have with any of my tablets, phones, iPods, etc. Sleep is enough. I reboot my devices about once a week. Not on schedule or anything, just when I think about it or it's misbehaving.

kendallc123

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I've kept mine on, unless I'm flashing a rom :D I'm thinking maybe I'll restart it like some of y'all do just to see if it helps

Kendall

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89