Flash enabled browser preferences

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I personally have used Dolphin for years now it seems, but I miss being able to view that random flash enabled site on ICS.

I am now using xscope but it just seems so clunky. I have tried others, and most just make me accept not having flash.

So what are you guys/gals using, and what makes it great for you?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Dolphin 8.5.1 and flash 11.1. Lol
Be sure to turn off autoupdating

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Google the apk file. Download, install after flash install from an apk file. And READ this forum re your questions!

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Firefox and Dolphin 8.5 would crash when I tried to play full screen videos. So the AOSP browser is my favorite since it plays full screen fine for me.

Reactions: zedorda

shafferb

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree with dave1812dave . The "old" release of Dolphin and Flash 11.1 APK's are available using that great tool called "The Google". Smoothest I've tried.

On the other hand folks, gotta get use to the workarounds, Flash be dead at least in terms of support on the kind of devices we like most.

It's "possible" that you might see an upcoming Dolphin release that re-enables Flash, but with a warning message that you may crash more often. Just sayin'.

Overall though, Flash aside, if you haven't tried Dolphin, you need to, fantastic browser.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I've asked this several times, but nobody has ever answered yet. Anyone else have a problem not being able to turn off the pinch zoom buttons the current version of Dolphin?

zenibear

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
XScope keeps freezing on me, pin zoom doesn't work and links become unclickable, what's the point if that in a browser! Annoyed because it was a paid app. Now using Firefox beta, not sure about it tbh wanted to love it but ..... am going to try dolphin now :)

Sent from my beloved N7 yeh I'm down with the lingo already :)

Last edited:

moss27

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
One annoyance I have experience with Firefox is that I can't seem to copy/paste anything! Is this not included or am I missing something?

neillcurrie

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
One annoyance I have experience with Firefox is that I can't seem to copy/paste anything! Is this not included or am I missing something?

C/P works for me.
When you've selected what you want to C/P, then the relevant actions appear in the top of the browser window/actionbar area.

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I use xscope pro, and have had no freezes or any problems so far. The video quality looks crystal clear.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Firefox Beta. Never had a problem with it, and I like the fact that I can sync my bookmarks with my desktop and work computers seamlessly.

I went to a lot of trouble trying to sync bookmarks in Chrome, only to realize that "Google Bookmarks", "Chrome Bookmarks", and pre-ICS Android web browser bookmarks are three completely separate and non-interoperable things.

With Firefox, it's as simple as:
1. Install Firefox
2. Click Sync, and Sync/Add a few device on another device.
3. Enter the verification code from the new Firefox install into the other device.
4. Wait a few seconds.
5. New device is now an exact copy of all my other Firefoxes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87