800 Dead Pixels

BlueSauce

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
After 24 days a line of dead pixels appeared across the short axis of the screen. The N7 was sitting in a stand on my desk when it happened. I'm sending it back Monday (RMA) and getting a replacement.

Additional thoughts:
With all the problems I've seen here on the forum and experienced first hand I'm thinking about going with a Transformer Infinity or maybe even an iPad.

Update:
I got my new Nexus 7 yesterday and so far so good. I decided to stick with the Nexus and give it another chance rather than going with another tablet.

Last edited:

Naschywolf

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible for you to post a picture? I'd be interested to see exactly what it looks like. Also, did you have any issues leading up to the defect?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
After 24 days a line of dead pixels appeared across the short axis of the screen. The N7 was sitting in a stand on my desk when it happened. I'm sending it back Monday (RMA) and getting a replacement.

Additional thoughts:
With all the problems I've seen here on the forum and experienced first hand I'm thinking about going with a Transformer Infinity or maybe even an iPad.

Ugh. That utterly sucks. If you are looking at a full sized tab, I'd look hard at either the Asus Infinity TF700 or yeah, the new iPad3. Either one is awesome and after the display on the 7 I think you'd have a hard time going back to a lower res screen. I have a like new Asus TF201 that just sits now that I have the TF700, so if you want one I can sell you one cheap. With a rooCase :)

BlueSauce

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible for you to post a picture? I'd be interested to see exactly what it looks like. Also, did you have any issues leading up to the defect?
There it is. It is almost invisible on a dark background:
b48GH.jpg

julesR

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Additional thoughts:

That makes no sense at all. Why not just replace the N7? .Any idea how minute a percentage of total units shipped had problems? Me niether..but I'd be very curious.