Nexus 7 wifi troubles

thirstypotato

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Today I have encountered the only problem I have with my nexus 7. Whenever I connect to my wifi connection, I wait 5 minutes and then I'm still connected but its like I have no connection. This results in me having to turn wifi off and on over and over again. Is anyone else having this problem? And its not just for my browser as you see in my picture, its for every app.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
How is your wifi strength? there is an option in the wifi settings to avoid poor connection..

Check if that is the issue..

Settings-->Wifi-->Menu-->Advanced-->Avoid poor connection checkbox

In your wifi name if it is avoiding due to poor connection it will display like below.

[Wifi Name]
Avoiding poor connection...

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
No problems. I use my home wifi and phone as a hot spot with negative issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

thirstypotato

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I had a 3-4 bar while tthis is happening, I've had my nexus for a few weeks and this is the first time its happened

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I had a 3-4 bar while tthis is happening, I've had my nexus for a few weeks and this is the first time its happened

How old is your router/wifi source? And does it support these new wifi sleep methods?

Bronco1227

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I also have a Nexus 7 and find that it is unable to reconnect after sleeping.
The Wifi indicator is grey, not blue. However, when I go into Settings and turn off Wifi for 10 seconds and then turn it back on, it reconnects with no problem.
It's a really annoying work-around, but seems to work for me.
Hope it helps.

wraith404

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, the stock JB on N7 does NOT have the "avoid poor connections" setting. That's the issue with my router, because on my GS2 running a JB ROM, when I uncheck that I get a great connection. Something about wireless N I think, not sure. Maybe the crap ass broadcom chip in my router doing something non standard. My laptops have no issue.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Make sure it doesn't automatically turn off when sleeping. That might help. The option is in the advanced menu.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch