N7 screen seems less sensitive

newtabletuser

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I've owned the Google Nexus7 for about two weeks. The screen, when it comes to touch, seems less sensitive than when it was new. Is there a way to "refresh" this, or are there settings, to make the screen more sensitive again as it was when it was brand new? Is there something I can do, such as cleaning the screen? I've hardly ever used a touch screen before.

Thank you!

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I felt like there was a change in responsiveness after a couple of weeks as well. With no proof I'm going to try to keep telling myself its just me.

gbarrett71

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. I have thought that the screen sensitivity sucked from the get go though try writing a note with a stylus on your screen it's terrible. On the other side of it, the screen seems to jittery when try to select icons and what not.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
select "Animation off" for "Windows Animation Scale", "Transition Animation scale" and "Animator duration scale" in settings-->Developer options.

i heard it has fixed those issue for few. worth a shot.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My sensitivity initially was jittery. I was getting a lot of the "snap back" some reviewers noticed; I had to over exaggerate swipes between home screens or else it would snap back to the screen I was on, for example.

I purged a ton of seldom-used apps some weeks ago across all my devices and I haven't noticed this issue on the N7 since. I can't give a specific reason, but some older apps (Google's included) may not play nice with JB yet. Maybe it just improves as time goes on. I do obsessively clean my screen with lens wipes. That may help. But I'm with JSchu22. Maybe I just got used to it.

psyke45

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I got my N7 Friday and I'm seeing the same type of behaviour, usually after it running for a bit (couple hours); if I run a multitouch tester, and I just place one finger on the screen, it will intermittently lose contact regardless of the pressure placed, moving or not.

At first I thought it had to do the heat causing the screen lift over the processors, but a reboot usually fixes the issue until the next time it starts happening; My Phone (GNex) has the same apps installed and doesn't have the same issues. Both are running 4.1.1. Otherwise it's a very nice tablet.

Traveler5

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
select "Animation off" for "Windows Animation Scale", "Transition Animation scale" and "Animator duration scale" in settings-->Developer options.

i heard it has fixed those issue for few. worth a shot.

Not for me. I do have them set at x.5 though.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue. Sometimes the screen wouldn't be registering my fingers and it would make scrolling through books and play lists almost impossible. I had to constantly turn it on and off. Sent it back to ASUS for RMA repair. They're fixing the touch sensitivity problem along with banding of the screen and a blown speaker.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem as soon as I installed Swype Beta. Uninstalled Swype Beta and the problem went away. Reinstalled, came back, uninstalled, went away again.

It may not be the cause of everyone's issues, heck it may not have been the cause of mine, but I've got a strong correlation and I'm going with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non