Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So I thought the Nexus 7 has great battery life..

So right now i have about 40% of life left on my n7 with about 4 hours of use. I mostly use the browser, go on youtube, facebook, email, search the google store and play games but not a lot.
    I lowered my brightness so i have about a quarter of brightness. I dont use live wallpaper or have an apps running in the background and I turned off the gps settings. Is this really normal? I heard the n7 last up to 8 or 9 hours of use and im definetly not getting that amount.

Default Re: So I thought the Nexus 7 has great battery life..

Well if you have had the screen on for the whole 4 hours then ya I can see that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Sounds about average. I've been getting a good six hours of screen on time with 20% left. Auto brightness and only Beweather syncing every 3 hours. Otherwise on standby it sips battery.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I'm @18% after 14.5hrs. BT was on most of the day (using tablet talk) and Wifi on all day. Most of the day chatting on FB Messenger, checking FB, browsing, playing games (usually a BeachBuggy Blitz and Agent Dash mostly) and watched a couple episodes of TopGear on Netflix.. haven't used it much this evening, but will cap it off with a couple chapters of a book I'm reading in bed and then put it on the cable to charge. Personally think the battery is doing well pretty well.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Franco

One factor many fail to discuss is how one receives their wifi signal. If you have a basic package with your internet provider, that also means you have very little connection coming, causing any wifi device to have to work even harder to pull that signal, meaning your battery is going to drain a lot quicker.
    Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Acer C720 Chromebook, and an old iPhone 4 32GB as an Ipod
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Sounds about average. I've been getting a good six hours of screen on time with 20% left. Auto brightness and only Beweather syncing every 3 hours. Otherwise on standby it sips battery.
    Sips? Mine doesn't even drink it on standby. I charge it to 100% every night, unplug and take it to work with me where it does absolutely nothing until I get off and it stays at 100. Love the things battery life. It only goes down when I start playing games or watching stuff, really.
    zak brown likes this.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Huh? Been a long day for me so I'm probably missing something...can you please explain further...

Quote Originally Posted by cjshino View Post
    I lowered my brightness so i have about a quarter of brightness.
    You just answered your own question. Using any device at 50% or higher brightness significantly drains the battery. I ALWAYS use the lowest brightness setting when I can. Sometimes I raise the brightness when outside, but I don't complain about battery life when I do so.

Also: Yes the N7 has amazing battery life. Been using it for 2 months now, and I am thoroughly impressed with it!
    I am NOT the person set as my icon, and no, I don't know who she is.

ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

What would equate to almost 7 hours of the screen being on for a tablet device (4 hours at 40%) is very good with video, some games, etc.

I have my brightness at about half on my n7 and I get really good battery life. Average about 8 to 10 hours of heavy usage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Sounds great. 9 hours is probably the max, with brightness at absolute lowest, and wifi off. Make sure you have wifi off when its asleep, otherwise it'll drain the battery. You can dl a screen dimmer app, I find even 50% below the minimum is perfectly readable when you're under artificial lighting. Check to seen if any unnecessary apps are running I the background.

Battery life fine for me,but not as advertising more than 8h

how does the iPad battery life compare?

i don't own a tablet.

---------- Post Merged at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by berrydroidapple View Post
    One factor many fail to discuss is how one receives their wifi signal. If you have a basic package with your internet provider, that also means you have very little connection coming, causing any wifi device to have to work even harder to pull that signal, meaning your battery is going to drain a lot quicker.
    i don't think this is accurate. what you are talking about is internet provider data speed. i think the WIFI router's signal strength and distance would be a factor making it work harder but not the internet data speed. in fact with a fast connection you might even consume battery faster because you are pushing data back and forth faster on your device and thus burning processor and pixel energy and making the device work harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    how does the iPad battery life compare?

i don't own a tablet.
    One thing for sure, ipad doing nothing for a day takes 2-3% and easily last a week or more. 7 eats up at least 10% with me not even turning it on each day.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

So yesterday my n7 died with 6 hours and 30 mins of use. I guess its okay but i wish it lasted more but on sleep the n7 lasts a very long time and I usually only charge it once a day or 2 days.
    BTW when i said i use a quarter of brightness i meant no brightness then i moved the slider like a inch not half way.

I use it almost constantly for class and on breaks from 730 am to 500 pm and still have 30 percent. That's taking notes, and downloading pdfs and podcasts and constantly looking at fantasy football so I'm appeased! Gaming wise I get 6 to 8 hours of and off with Emulators and play games

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

I get about 2.25 days out of mine with brightness set to max and almost 4 hours of screen time.

I'm getting more than 12 hours with constant use and brightness set on auto. I have the i-blason case with auto sleep when I close the cover.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7 tablet.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Again I did testing from 100% of battery and I'm at 54% with just about 2 hours and 10 mins of use. >.>

what is your internet speed and wifi provider
    my n7 lasts for 5 hours of screen time(25% left) with lowest brightness(normal internet use and some app usage)
    i have 30 Mbps internet speed provided by virgin media(some people say that faster internet speed drains more battery life)

Yeah I've been really impressed with my battery life, I've only had mine a couple of days so it can only get better after a couple charges

zak brown likes this.

I've been thoroughly impressed with my battery life on my nexus. Lasts a lot longer than my old iPad by a long shot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by berrydroidapple View Post
    This is incorrect. The wifi strength is 100% not connected to the "signal" going to your modem. Even if you modem is getting a low decibel rating from your service provider, the router will be unaffected. Also If your router and modem are one in the same it will still be unaffected.

I've been using my nexus 7 for most of the day doing the same sort of stuff as you but my battery life has lasted/lasting for just over 7 and a half hours, so you may have had some programs running in the background without realising

I unplugged my nexus 7 last night and I have my WiFi on and this is at 85% with 12 hours on the battery so I would try preserving it and I forgot I have at&t u-verse and the internet is really fast on this thing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast