Can I connect two Nexus 7's for sales presentations?

braddery

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I am wondering if there is a way for me to buy two Nexus 7s, and use them to conduct a sales presentation? We use PowerPoint, and it would be great if we could just hand the client a Google Nexus, while we have one also, and go through the powerpoint. Any possible way to do such a thing?

Thanks,
Brad

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Best thing I believe, is a video of your presentation, then you show that to your client. Excuse me if you don't like the idea.

Apps To Go is free, though, PowerPoint Viewer looks better suited, also for free.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if you can do what you want, but perhaps you can control the powerpoint presentation on the device your client is using with a small bluetooth keyboard.

Or maybe you could run a VNC server on one N7 and a VNC viewer on the other, I haven't tried such a setup, so I don't know how well it will work, it might be a bit laggy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

screendoor

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I had exactly the same question. I wanted to use multiple N7s for sales presentation purposes. One presenter device, and a few devices in the hands of those to whom you're presenting. A wrinkle here is that I also wanted to to this without the need to connect to a standard wifi network at the client's site.

I think this should be doable via VNC and Wifi Direct. Install a VNC server on the presenter's N7, and VNC clients on the others. Seems pretty straightforward. I've tried VMLite VNC Server on the N7 ($8) and it seems to be working fine. Although I haven't yet tried to connect another N7 to it, everything's great when viewing the server N7's screen from a browser on my PC.

The wrinkle is Wifi Direct. I don't know anything about it, and I can't seem to find any evidence of anyone who's used it to connect two N7s for screen sharing via VNC. I can't imagine it wouldn't work, but I suppose you could always use a portable wifi router as the vehicle for getting the devices on the same network (battery powered router would be nice touch since you could probably keep the thing in your briefcase/backpack/whatever).

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty