Couple of Questions

Arien157

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I just bought my Nexus 7 yesterday, and so far I'm loving it! But I was under the impression that when you bought it you got $25 for the store, and a Transformers movie. But I can't figure out how to get either. I bought my tablet from GameStop if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance!

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't matter where you bought it. You should have received an email saying you had $25 when you activated the tablet.

Transformers should show up in your Google Play Movies app.

I'm wondering if you somehow bypassed activation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
once logged into google, you should be able to buy up to $25 worth of books, apps, etc. at the time of checkout you will see the credit being applied. what is happening when you go to buy something??

the movie is in Play Movies.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I got a Email saying congrats on your Nexus 7, but no money. And the video isn't in there....

You only get the $25 after you set up a Google Wallet account with CC info. If you bypass the setup, you will have to do a factory reset and try the setup again.
By the way this offer expires after Sept.

The free movie, magazines and music are not actually on the device. They are in the cloud and can only be viewed over a network. You have the option to watch it offline by downloading it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
here is the terms from google for Nexus 7

" In order to receive this promotional balance for the tablet activation, you must currently have or create a Google Wallet account on your tablet, and you must also add a credit card or debit card to such account (or already have a credit card or debit card in such account) for use in future purchase and payment transactions with the Google Wallet, by September 30, 2012. This promotional balance is not available for Google Wallet accounts where you only store your bank account or Carrier Billing information as a payment method."

Google Play Promotional Balance Terms section C2

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
And of course, if you're still having problems with this after all these helpful comments, call up Google support, Nexus 7 in hand, and have them walk you through the procedure.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Arien157

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I already set up my wallet with credit card and still nothing. Still no movie, or $25. Also does any one have a number to reach them? I've tried a couple different numbers I found online and none of them worked. Thanks for everyone trying to help, hopefully I get this figured out soon.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I already set up my wallet with credit card and still nothing. Still no movie, or $25. Also does any one have a number to reach them? I've tried a couple different numbers I found online and none of them worked. Thanks for everyone trying to help, hopefully I get this figured out soon.

just do a factory reset and login again. it have worked for many who had this issue.
also you bought it yesterday and you probably wont lose any with a reset.

Call Support after this because even they will suggest doing this as a first step of trouble shooting.

Arien157

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
just do a factory reset and login again. it have worked for many who had this issue.
also you bought it yesterday and you probably wont lose any with a reset.

Call Support after this because even they will suggest doing this as a first step of trouble shooting.

Alright that worked I now have the movie, books, music, and $25! Thanks everyone!

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So that's why that movie shows up in my YouTube account. I thought my account got hacked and I've been writing for a refund, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
here is the terms from google for Nexus 7

" In order to receive this promotional balance for the tablet activation, you must currently have or create a Google Wallet account on your tablet, and you must also add a credit card or debit card to such account (or already have a credit card or debit card in such account) for use in future purchase and payment transactions with the Google Wallet, by September 30, 2012. This promotional balance is not available for Google Wallet accounts where you only store your bank account or Carrier Billing information as a payment method."

Google Play Promotional Balance Terms section C2

If I understood other forum posts correctly, you have to register for the credit by the end of September but you have until sometime in 2013 (June rings a bell) to use it. Is this correct, I plan to check further tonight. I want to make sure I don't need to go shopping quickly.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
If I understood other forum posts correctly, you have to register for the credit by the end of September but you have until sometime in 2013 (June rings a bell) to use it. Is this correct, I plan to check further tonight. I want to make sure I don't need to go shopping quickly.
yes, thats right. you should redeem $25 before sep 30 2012 but once redeemed you will have untill sep 30 2013 to use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty