What is your favorite Remote Desktop App???

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
GPP Remote control for me. I've also used Pocketcloud, Splashtop, and LogMeIN in the past. All of them were very capable, it's just a matter of personal preference.

Ameri-CAIN

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
The big names do not even begin to compare with Jump Desktop. I work in IT and I have tried them all. I noticed Jump only because I saw it on sale for .99 one time and I thought I should evaluate it and see if it was worth the purchase. After trying it I felt it was definitely worth a buck. I started using it more thoroughly after purchasing and it is my favorite RDP app on my phone (Atrix 4G) and it is fully compatible with the swype keyboard. Its my favorite in my lapdock (recognizes all the hard keys on the keyboard), and on my favorite on my tablet. I wish I had never wasted my money on splashtop.

druiddb2

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I use 2X and works perfectly at home wifi use. Disappointed with Splashtop that it does not work with home wifi on my work pc which has certain firewall restrictions I cannot seem to get to disable. Pocketcloud also seems ok except for the non-full screen support on the free version. If everything else fails, Teamviewer is my last option.

Last edited:

rickyaliasgar

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
We use RHUB remote support appliance in our office to provide remote technical assistance to end users, clients customer etc. It is very easy to use and unlike hosted services charging named users for subscription fees, the RHUB appliance allows each of our employees to take advantage of the productivity tools built into the appliance.

Scott Strachan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have Log me in ignition on my i phone 4 & 5 and it works great whether I am on a cellular or wifi connection. I got a Nexus 7 for work and installed splashtop. Splashtop worked well when on wifi but wouldn't work on 3g. I may be mistaken but I contacted tech support and they said 3g wasnt supported due to bandwidth issues. Can anyone comment on how well any of the Nexus 7 Remote desktop options work on a 3g connection. I just dont wanna drop 30 bucks on another Log Me In License if it wont work, but will gladly do so if it works reliably.

Correction-3g is supported but does not work reliably (at least for me). This is from their website:
Using the Internet Discovery feature via 3G: If you connected your computer with 3G from a tablet/phone, the black screen problem might happen occasionally. It largely depends on the network bandwidth over the internet.
Solutions:
Please try to connect later, after peak time, and see if there is any difference.
Another suggestion you could try is to lower the resolution setting on the tablet side (such as 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600).

I can say that I have been unable to connect very frequently with strong cellular connections.

Last edited:

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Teamviewer is free for personal use. Easiest setup there is, which is almost none. I've used it on many different systems for years now. Will even handle multiple monitors (2, 3 whatever). Shows which of your systems are online/offline. Zero system load when not in use. Can even be used via a web page browser if you like.

I'll admit I've not looked at other solutions in a few years now, but I can see no reason to. There's nothing I've tried and couldn't do....

john click

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
For a remote desktop app, I like TeamViewer. Never used Splashtop and Pocket Cloud wasn't my thing. I'm often traveling with my laptop, so I prefer RHUB. It has remote access built in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38