Help with icons!

hrglas

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
So I've been reading a bit about icons and home screens, but can't seem to get any resolution.

I'm in the process of organizing my home screen with icons, by grouping them in folders. I've gotten to a point where I can't add anymore icons into folders (on any of the home screens). *I can put them on the home screen as stand alone icons.*

So my question is, is there a limit to the number of icons (total) that can go into and/or on home screens regardless of whether I use folders or not?

Thanks in advance!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So I've been reading a bit about icons and home screens, but can't seem to get any resolution.

I'm in the process of organizing my home screen with icons, by grouping them in folders. I've gotten to a point where I can't add anymore icons into folders (on any of the home screens). *I can put them on the home screen as stand alone icons.*

So my question is, is there a limit to the number of icons (total) that can go into and/or on home screens regardless of whether I use folders or not?

Thanks in advance!

I did not think so, not really sure. I use Nova Launcher and I haven't found a limit in the number of apps I can put in a folder. My Games folder, for example, has quite a lot of apps in it. I suggest trying a launcher like Nova... it is based on AOSP and will appear stock to you, it just has a TON of customization options and settings that you don't find in the stock launcher. If you don't like it you can uninstall it just as easily as any other app and your original launcher and homescreens will be there just as you left them. :)

hrglas

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I figured it out. Must have been a glitch.

One more question: Can I delete all these extra home screens? At this point I only need one for all my icons!

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I figured it out. Must have been a glitch.
One more question: Can I delete all these extra home screens? At this point I only need one for all my icons!
With the stock launcher that the Nexus 7 comes with, you are stuck with 5 home screens. Each folder is limited to 36 app shortcut icons. Sometimes trying to get an icon into a folder is like a cat chasing mouse Android game, as the folder keeps trying to run away from your finger dragging the icon.

With Nova Launcher Prime, you can have as few as one home screen or as many as... well, I'm not sure of the upper limit. You can also have more than 36 app shortcuts in a folder. It also seems that the folder running away from your finger issue happens less often.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums