When are we getting 4.2?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Now that the devices are official announced, should we see 4.2 roughly around the date they are released?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Now that the devices are official announced, should we see 4.2 roughly around the date they are released?

Pretty much.. Usually you'll see it pushed to AOSP just about when they go on sale, and Nexus devices like ours can expect an OTA around that time, give or take a few days.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I think it'll hit AOSP soon...this week and you'll see an OTA right after the devices start shipping. Just a guess though

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Well now that I know how to force the update, I shouldn't have to wait, right? I mean once it is released ...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Well now that I know how to force the update, I shouldn't have to wait, right? I mean once it is released ...

Those force tricks aren't worth your time. Just sit tight and wait for it to get pushed, IMO :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Those force tricks aren't worth your time. Just sit tight and wait for it to get pushed, IMO :)

You kid, right? I waited over a week on 4.1.2 and never did get the push...

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You kid, right? I waited over a week on 4.1.2 and never did get the push...

I do not kid, but to be fair I don't do OTAs either, I run ROMs so we get updated very shortly after AOSP does, lol.

From experience here tho I would say the tricks only work randomly anyway, so I like to advise that people just sit back and wait for the OTA. You can of course go through trying those trick methods if you like and it might get it to you a little sooner, but more often than not I just don't think it's worth your time. Just my 2 cents, of course.
:)

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
People are just as addicted to getting an update and playing with new settings as they are on getting the actual device. I am just now tasting some stock goodness on my N7. The last time was my OG Droid.

since then I've ran various devices..Dell Streak, Droid Incredible, Droid X, HTC Rezound, S3, One X... (I'm lucky..) it's nice to have stock though.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The question on my mind isn't so much as to the "when" of 4.2, as it is to the "what" of 4.2. I've read only a couple of possible features. anyone got a nice long list?

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The question on my mind isn't so much as to the "when" of 4.2, as it is to the "what" of 4.2. I've read only a couple of possible features. anyone got a nice long list?

http://www.android.com/whatsnew/

I am so looking forward to the new gesture keyboard, aka 'a form of swype' .

Google search also got updated today to offer more for Google now.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It isn't a major update. The features that are added are pretty cool though!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Really ? Accounts are a pretty big additional feature....

======
Shareable
Just turn on your tablet and tap your photo to sign in to your own homescreen, apps, email, photos and storage.
Each user can have their own separate space, and save their own individual high scores on games, all on the same tablet. And since Android is built with multitasking at its core, it’s a snap to switch between users – no need to log in and out each time.

======

Last edited:

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Well wait.. is the Nexus 7 considered a tablet or a "phone" ? the multi-user is going to tablet only, but the pull down on the N7 screams phone. It's unlike any other device. The Xoom running JB still looks like the tablet OS.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Well wait.. is the Nexus 7 considered a tablet or a "phone" ? the multi-user is going to tablet only, but the pull down on the N7 screams phone. It's unlike any other device. The Xoom running JB still looks like the tablet OS.

It's a phablet.. hybrid.

I'm personally not a fan of tablet UI on the N7 since I use it primarily in portrait. There is not enough screen real estate in portrait, making it feel awkward.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87