Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: Google Play Error [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Ugh, issue is still occurring. Has anyone found a definite solution to this?

The solution for me was to log in to Google Play on the computer and simply push the updates to my phone that way.

EDIT: It does NOT seem to have solved my problem. Any apps I wish to install I have to install via the computer and push them to the phone. Doesn't seem very effective... Damnit!

None of the methods have worked for me so far. Going to reflash my ROM and hopefully that will get rid of the problem.

go to app manager under setting
    choose google play store
    uninstall update
    it would fix the problem

Nope, already tried. It did not solve the problem for me.

Wondered what was going on when I would try to install updates, and they would reappear later on.
    Tried everything except factory resetting my phone, when can we expect some sort of reply or comment from Google on this issue? I find it a bit ridiculous that they would allow this big of an issue to persist for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
    People being impatient and clearing the services framework
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how exactly do I end up clearing the Services Framework? I was having this Google Play issue as well, but I didn't clear anything that I'm aware of. I'm asking so that I can avoid this problem in the future. Thanks!

This just started happening to me as well. I'm stock and haven't adjusted any settings. It was working fine earlier. Now all of a sudden out won't downloaded anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I just bought a Samsung GT2 10.1 and got the same problem after several dlls and updates. I fixed it ( temporarily or not) by clearing the buffer and deleting the google play services. I hope there will be an update soon to fix this.

This work for me:

Uninstall update, restart phone and thats it...

tkhs

Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    This just started happening to me as well. I'm stock and haven't adjusted any settings. It was working fine earlier. Now all of a sudden out won't downloaded anything.
    Same with me. I literally just got my Nexus 4 about an hour ago, and I was able to download some of my apps. Now I can't download anything. I have tried the suggestions in this thread with no luck.. PLEASE HELP!!

Luckily I got it back working again. I logged into another Google account from the PlayStore app. Kept getting the same error message while logged into another account. Uninstalled updates to the PlayStore app and cleared the data and cache for the app as well. Switched back to my main account, and its working again.

Just flashed a new ROM, restored all my apps, went to update some and right back to the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinsonmaster View Post
    Try this: xda-developers - View Single Post - 4.2 Play Store Not Working on both mine and my sister's N7/Help
    This worked for me (without doing the reset in step 3).

This also worked for me without steps 1 and 2, thank you very much for sharing.

Hi guys,

In the search why I'm having this error on new Motorola Razr I (Android 4.0 ... something) I found this post.
    In my case was a problem with memory card. I had some damaged one and didn't notice message.

So ... try to insert new / different / working memory card.

In my case it did help - I hope it will you.

Cheers

Forgive me for posting this in the Nexus 7 section, but this was the only thread I could find about this issue... I have a Galaxy S3 running ICS 4.0.4and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus running Jelly Bean ROM and NEITHER will download anything from the Play Store...ugh

Hope this is fixed soon!!!

OK weird, right after I posted this BOTH devices started working again. I have no idea why or what caused the glitch but I'm glad it seems to be working for me now.

I tried everything I found online (clearing apps, removing account, different account etc.) except for factory reset, to no avail. Mine started working after I pushed an app with my PC from https://play.google.com

I just cleared the download manager cache and data. Then it worked fine after that.

I just started having this problem a few hours ago as well -- new Nexus 7 16GB that I bought last night which was working and updating just fine until then. I've followed the advice above and it didn't work for me. I've rebooted the device enough times, created the new dummy user, cleared play store data/cache, rolled back updates, etc. Could something be happening on the server side? I'll wait it out for a bit and see what happens, and if it isn't working by tonight I'll try tech support.

I'm having this issue with Smasung Galaxy Ace GT-S5839i, Android version 2.3.6 (factory installed). Tried one of the suggestions up there, didn't work. Creating a new account allowed me to download apps from that account only, but my main account still doesn't work. My dad's phone, also a Samsung Galaxy Ace, but different model and OS version (2.3.3) has no problems downloading anything. Hope this is just something with Google and they'll fix it soon...

Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    Luckily I got it back working again. I logged into another Google account from the PlayStore app. Kept getting the same error message while logged into another account. Uninstalled updates to the PlayStore app and cleared the data and cache for the app as well. Switched back to my main account, and its working again.

This worked. Thanks so much!
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Quote Originally Posted by sasqautch396
    Just go to settings and remove Ur Google account, make sure u know Ur username and password. Then open play store, it might force close a few times then should ask u to select account or something. Obviously select existing and than login no problems at all

Quote Originally Posted by alebk07k View Post
    Forgive me for posting this in the Nexus 7 section, but this was the only thread I could find about this issue... I have a Galaxy S3 running ICS 4.0.4and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus running Jelly Bean ROM and NEITHER will download anything from the Play Store...ugh

Hope this is fixed soon!!!
    Did that work?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Hey guys dont panic, it looks like an server error, a lot of forums are talking about this in this moment, I've find this...
    Error RPC:S-5:AEC-0 - HTCMania

I have the same issue on Sony Xperia S with Android 4.0.4. After trying some stuff wich changed my phone a lot...
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast