Google Play Error Solution [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

tcournoy

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Play Error [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

I was having trouble with the play store so I removed my account and reentered the information which fixed all the apps trying to update except Play Magazines. Anyone else experiencing this?

pstjmack

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

Finally the thing fixed itself. Not sure why. Perhaps deleting cache data from Download Manager and signing out of and back into Google Talk helped.

Swaraj Banerjee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I've had the same with a Galaxy Nexus on 4.1.2. I think what caused it was my stopping the Google Services Framework and clearing the data so that I could do a proper, clean check to see if 4.2 was available (it wasn't) without doing a manual install.

I really didn't want to follow the guide above in deleting my account because it's the primary account and it would effectively reset the phone and mean a lot of work to get it back as it is.

I did fix it, however. What I did was the following:

- Create a new Google account with any name you choose. It's temporary, so pick anything
- Clear dada & cache for the Google Play Store
- Uninstall updates for Google Play Store, taking it back to the factory installed version (don't worry - you'll get the updates back)
- Start Google Play
- Select accounts and choose the new one you've just created
- Go to My Apps and pick (a free) one to update and update it. That should be successful
- Come out of Google Play
- Go into settings and delete the temporary Google account you just created
- Go back to Google Play and make sure that the account is set to your primary one
- Complete all updates

All should be well. But - it may be very different for you than it was for me. Anyway - this is all non-destructive, so it's easy and painless to try.

YOU ROCK! This worked for me

d_kopf

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

The solution for me was to log in to Google Play on the computer and simply push the updates to my phone that way.

EDIT: It does NOT seem to have solved my problem. Any apps I wish to install I have to install via the computer and push them to the phone. Doesn't seem very effective... Damnit!

CZonin

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

None of the methods have worked for me so far. Going to reflash my ROM and hopefully that will get rid of the problem.

evol-genius

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

Wondered what was going on when I would try to install updates, and they would reappear later on.
Tried everything except factory resetting my phone, when can we expect some sort of reply or comment from Google on this issue? I find it a bit ridiculous that they would allow this big of an issue to persist for so long.

Nof603

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

People being impatient and clearing the services framework

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how exactly do I end up clearing the Services Framework? I was having this Google Play issue as well, but I didn't clear anything that I'm aware of. I'm asking so that I can avoid this problem in the future. Thanks!

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

This just started happening to me as well. I'm stock and haven't adjusted any settings. It was working fine earlier. Now all of a sudden out won't downloaded anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Superstoffel

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I just bought a Samsung GT2 10.1 and got the same problem after several dlls and updates. I fixed it ( temporarily or not) by clearing the buffer and deleting the google play services. I hope there will be an update soon to fix this.

Nof603

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

This just started happening to me as well. I'm stock and haven't adjusted any settings. It was working fine earlier. Now all of a sudden out won't downloaded anything.

Same with me. I literally just got my Nexus 4 about an hour ago, and I was able to download some of my apps. Now I can't download anything. I have tried the suggestions in this thread with no luck.. PLEASE HELP!!

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Luckily I got it back working again. I logged into another Google account from the PlayStore app. Kept getting the same error message while logged into another account. Uninstalled updates to the PlayStore app and cleared the data and cache for the app as well. Switched back to my main account, and its working again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

CZonin

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed a new ROM, restored all my apps, went to update some and right back to the same problem.

rtofvnt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Hi guys,

In the search why I'm having this error on new Motorola Razr I (Android 4.0 ... something) I found this post.
In my case was a problem with memory card. I had some damaged one and didn't notice message.

So ... try to insert new / different / working memory card.

In my case it did help - I hope it will you.

Cheers

kalebk07

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site

Forgive me for posting this in the Nexus 7 section, but this was the only thread I could find about this issue... I have a Galaxy S3 running ICS 4.0.4and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus running Jelly Bean ROM and NEITHER will download anything from the Play Store...ugh

Hope this is fixed soon!!!

kalebk07

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site

OK weird, right after I posted this BOTH devices started working again. I have no idea why or what caused the glitch but I'm glad it seems to be working for me now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigD