Nexus 7: Tablet won't turn on - HELP!

christin fortier

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Tablet won't turn on - HELP!

my tablet when i plug it in it keeps flashing the green dude and sometimes it will show him then the android sign then it turns off. but it also makes this weird krackling noise while its pluged in.. does anyone else have this problem.

it is brand new and ive never droped it or got it wet

Michelle Carlson1

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

I am in the same situation as most on here. Mine won't turn on at all. Charging and holding the on button does not work. So I called the 1-888 number that came in the box and the woman asked me if I tried to charge it through USB port?. Of course she had to point out that the computer needs to be on. Anyway, even though I do not have much confidence in this I have the tablet plugged in my comp. Even though my comp is asking for a cd to "install new hardware" It did not come with a cd and the site does not have a download. What is a girl to do?

Michelle Carlson1

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Ahhhh Haaaa just as I suspected. It is still not working. It should have done something by now. I got mine at Big Lots but ours was on special for $99.99.

Kate O

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site

Hi I just received my tablet yesterday -- MID9000 it says. I completely charged it before using it last night for a short while. Then charged it fully again overnight. I unplugged it when I woke up and 12 hours later I am attempting to turn it on. I can only get the green dude to show up. I've tried multiple times. Please Help!!

Nicole Balfe1

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

[BOX][/BOX]i have the same problem as everyone else,i have tried everything but nothings happening! i need help a.s.a.p as it not my tablet!

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

... I have the tablet plugged in my comp. Even though my comp is asking for a cd to "install new hardware" It did not come with a cd and the site does not have a download. What is a girl to do?
This tells me IT IS ON since the pc i trying to connect to it. Windows shouldn't need a disc for MTP drivers so far's I know.

Sounds like your screen has died.

my tablet when i plug it in it keeps flashing the green dude and sometimes it will show him then the android sign then it turns off. but it also makes this weird krackling noise while its pluged in.. does anyone else have this problem.

it is brand new and ive never droped it or got it wet
Its faulty. Hope you returned it.... "Crackling noise" while charging is BAD, and not fixable by user. (You used the supplied charger, right?)

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //

Georgia Wood

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I have a wiztab and I was charging it it and then i went back to ym room and tryed to turn it on and it wouldnt turn on please help as i need it very badly!

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

I have a wiztab and I was charging it it and then i went back to ym room and tryed to turn it on and it wouldnt turn on please help as i need it very badly!

This is the Nexus 7 forum. What is this Wiztab?

Georgia Wood

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

This is the Nexus 7 forum. What is this Wiztab?

Well for christmas i got a tablet and on the back it says wiztab
7904d1346249207-anyone-knows-how-root-wiztab-wt9-0-file-2.jpg

Shanghaichica1

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

Have you tried holding down the power switch until the screen comes on? You might have to hold it down for up to a minute.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Android Central forums

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

Well for christmas i got a tablet and on the back it says wiztab http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...anyone-knows-how-root-wiztab-wt9-0-file-2.jpg

Obviously some of these problems are not with the Google Nexus7 tablet. Such as the above Wiztab and a previous poster with a NatPC unit. Some of the other posts which do not specify brands may also not be for the N7. While the solutions suggested by N7 users might work for these units I suggest that they might better contact the people who make or supply their brand either at the store or on the web or by phone. Those who do have questions about or problems with Nexus7 tablets should specify Nexus7 in their posts. To me this is important because many people who read this forum might think unfairly that the Nexus7 is more prone to problems than in fact it is. I am sympathetic to the new, frustrated users with one of the many inexpensive Android tablets now flooding the market who are having trouble using their new toy and need help from somewhere. Is there another forum to steer them to?

From my N7 or BBPB or HPTP or HP Laptop

Last edited:

debbycasy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

this happned to me as well i was shocked and angry i was charging over night 5 days straight . the problem was that the charger broke so order or buy a new one mine new one is coming on tuesday

MostFavorite

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

I've had the problems another poster mentions about tablet being cranky after coming off the charger. Usually holding the power button for 10-15 seconds works.

Today, I took my tablet off the charger, and cannot get it to power up. The first time I got to the ice cream sandwich screen, and now nothing. I did try holding power and volume as someone mentioned, but no luck. Suggestions?

Vex Luciano

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site

I just got my tablet to turn on after like 25 mins I wonder if its because I'm a whovian lol so i basically spazed on the power and volume buttons

clare79

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

I have android tablet got new charger as old one broke hav put on charge and the green lite is flashing but can not get it to turn on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana