Nexus 7: Tablet won't turn on - HELP!

Olivia Dumoulin

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
so my nexus7 tablet wont turn on for me even tho its fully chargerd and i even hld the button down for 60 seconds like my dad told me to and the first 4 days i had it, it was working fine but now it wont even tell me if its charging:'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
so my nexus7 tablet wont turn on for me even tho its fully chargerd and i even hld the button down for 60 seconds like my dad told me to and the first 4 days i had it, it was working fine but now it wont even tell me if its charging:'(

Welcome to Android Central! Have you looked through this thread, and have you tried the various suggestions?

Riccardo Robinson

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: HELP!!!!

Wow your nice, buy a new one?? not everybody has there hands in daddys pocket. poor girl is asking for help, and you had to be that jerk with retard comment. you buy her one!
im pissed off about my tablet just going black screen for no reason and no-one has an answer???

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: HELP!!!!

There is a solution to this. You can wipe the flash memory completely and re install stock android. (this requires a bit of knowledge) Note that resetting the device to factory settings will not help.

The other easier method can be found here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...do-you-have-laggy-nexus-7-heres-solution.html Cyanogenmod is stock android with some of the 'bloat' removed and advanced options enabled. And the installer does EVERYTHING for you. So anyone can install it without having to worry about rooting the device.
You can do this and keep using your 2012 N7 without dropping money on the 2013 version.
Good idea, buuuuuut....
Nexus 7s were down to $149 for a 16gb refurb or open box around Christmas, so I upgraded. No one should have to go to those measures for a bit of kit to just work.

Christine Topher

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Is it even a good idea to update th os if mine is an original version? This thing does a lot of the lag and errors described here, but I thought it to be the apps problems.

hannibalmoot

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't advise upgrading the Nexus 7 2012 past Kit Kat.. I upgraded to Lolliop and its almost unusable. If you thought it got slow before,, it's really slow on Lollipop.. I did a complete wipe and fresh install as well. Might work for some but not for me.. My 2013 is better on Lollipop.

Sent by old fashioned snail mail so comment may no longer be applicable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred