One Day Old Nexus 7 Stopped Working!

Klister

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Nexus 7 one day, it was working fine until this afternoon when it just wont turn on. It's acting like the power switch has disconnected. I've plugged it in and still nothing. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'm thinking if it not related to something I did I'm going to return it and get my money back. I would hate to have this sort of thing occur the day after the return window closes.
If there is a simple fix I'd like to hear it, I've really enjoyed the tablet for the short time I've used it.

Klister

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I took it back to OfficeMax where they did some online research. Holding down the power button and both volume buttons for 15 seconds did the trick. I wish I had tried B. Diddy's suggestion before I went to OfficeMax. It working now, I hope this is not a recurring problem.

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
You guys are life savers.

I've had the Nexus 7 for a few days but mounted it in the car for the first time tonight - it wouldn't come on. I was sure I was going to have to go through a lengthy replacement process and even started to doubt having it. Came back into the house a few minutes ago and found this thread from a search.

Bingo back in service. Thanks!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Holding down the power button for about 10-15 seconds restarts the device. Just keep it held down until the X reappears. Surprisingly, this option doesn't appear on the power off screen. But...oh well.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I just had this same thing happen to me about 2 hours ago. I thought that the battery just died and it needed charging. Then, after putting the battery charger in for about 25 minutes, the battery indicator would not come on the screen. I pressed the power button in for about 20 seconds, POOF! Google logo, then the Nexus "X". Working again. I have had this tablet since just after Valentine's Day and this was the first time that ever happened. Oh well. Crisis averted. :-$

kim_cruise

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
My 1 week old Nexus 7 just stopped working - by that I mean, I can power it off and on but most of the time the slide lock doesn't work. It just stays locked. In the rare instance I can get it unlocked, it will not change off of the My Library screen. Holding the power + volume buttons hasn't helped but it did make an audible voice start telling me what time it is and where I'm tapping the screen. Is my device broken?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member