file transfer restrictions when moving files from pc to nexus 7

Kim Cini

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I fumbled my way to transfer books and avi files to my nexus 7 when I bought it but since the software update it no longer allows me to drag and drop as it comes up with an error on the PC which states that fil edd extension is not supported by this media device!
I don't want to debug and do any changes to the root so and simple fixes would be appreciated as I'm fairly illiterate.
Thanks

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting your computer recently? Also, if not done recently, reboot your N7.

If your computer and N7 are both on the same network, I'd highly recommend downloading the app called AirDroid, especially since you seem to consider yourself a novice. This is a free app.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&token=QeSaTpO2

AirDroid let's you wirelessly control your N7 or any Android device using the internet browser on your computer (your computer and N7 must be on the same network). It provides a very nice and simple interface on your computer that basically lets you operate your N7 from your computer, including allowing you to wirelessly transfer files between your computer and Nexus 7, meaning no USB cable is used. The advantage is that the interface for doing this is even easier than using Windows Explorer. The disadvantage is that the transfer is slower than connecting with a USB cable.

Good luck!

dralezero

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I just copy pasted some avi movies into Movies folder earlier and it worked. It gave me a warning of some kind each time but I said yes.

quarky_uk

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I always get that warning and just ignore it. Not sure if Windows had a list file types which it thinks stress compatible, it's if it's is the Nexus. Either way just accept the warning, and that should copy fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

hog1340

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I noticed if i download something thru Firefox and try to drag and drop or copy and paste off of the download screen, it won't let it. Same as an attachment in email. I have to first set it on the desktop, ie drag and drop or copy and paste, and then from the desktop i can move it to the Nexus 7. Happen with different Nexus 7's and on different computers. Don't know why, any ideas?