Internal Storage Folders Missing When Connected Via USB

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
It used to be that when I plugged my N7 into my computer via the USB cord I could use Windows Explorer and click on the "Nexus 7" icon and then the "Internal Storage" icon and I would see every folder in the directory. Now, after upgrading to 4.2. and then 4.2.1, I only see a few folders such as DCIM and Pictures but I do not see the vast mjaority of folders including Downloads, Movies, Music or TitaniumBackup. I know these folders are on the N7 because I can see and move through them using File Manager. Is there some new step that I need to do so that I can access all the N7 folders when connected via USB?

Thanks.

TH

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what your issue is but the attached screen shot shows what I see on my N7 Android 4.2.1 after I plug it in. You can see all the folders for each app, and I opened my \Music folder to show that the contents are all there (detail view).

So something is not right.

Attachments

• file_dir.jpg
    file_dir.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 21

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply bigtroutz. Have no idea why I was seeing what I was seeing but after rebooting the N7 all was fine. I should have done that first thing.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The same happens to me. My nexus or my computer wont recognize the internal storage, for example when I download movies they won't show up in my mx player or my computer when plugged in via usb. I have to restart the tab and press refresh on mx player and then the same movies show up in my list twice. It's very annoying.

knight776

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Had that happen tonight myself. The way I corrected it was to drag down the notification bar and tap "connected as media device". When the Settings Window opens, you'll have two options. MTP or PTP. Switch to the unchecked one, let Windows remount the device. If you are in PTP mode, you'll see the DCIM and Pictures folders in Explorer, while MTP mode shows all the folders.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums