Help with new Nexus 7 JB update

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I purchased 2 nexus 7 tablets for my 6 year old twins for Christmas. I'm setting things up to have them ready for them to open and start enjoying.
However, one tablet is ready to go, but the other failed to update to jelly bean. It downloaded the update but its not installing it after reboot. While it downloaded I noticed the little android fella while his stomach was open standing up, but than I noticed him on his back and his stomach was red!!! Does anyone know what this means?? The first tablet downloaded, rebooted and automatically installed jelly bean. This one nothing. Its still on 4.1. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So I tried to do a factory reset. This is what its doing, its downloading jelly bean with the green fellow standing and his stomach open and the green thing spinning, than a few seconds later he falls on the floor with a red explanation mark in his stomach!! What the @%$# is that all about? Does any one have a clue? I'm just going to send it back and get a new one.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like to me that you are out of luck my friend. You got a DOA (dead on arrival). It happens to the best of us. Could be a bad file in the actual bootloader and factory reset doesnt help because the file is missing. Now one question did itturn on and go to home screen or did you never see homescreen?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like to me that you are out of luck my friend. You got a DOA (dead on arrival). It happens to the best of us. Could be a bad file in the actual bootloader and factory reset doesnt help because the file is missing. Now one question did itturn on and go to home screen or did you never see homescreen?
it doesnt means its dead it means the recovery is corrupted or missing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty