Nexus 7 selling 1 million a month?

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
What does this mean for the future of Android tablets and in light of millions of iPads each month? Is the gap closing? Discuss.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 selling 1 million a month

It means roughly 1 million N7's are sold a month.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Last edited:

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Woops, I replied when the edit wasn't there. Boy do I feel dumb. :p

Anyway, I think the gap is closing somewhat. I hear Android tablet market share is going up, so that probably correlates to sales numbers.

Last edited:

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Woops, I replied when the edit wasn't there. Boy do I feel dumb.

Anyway, I think the gap is closing somewhat. I hear Android tablet market share is going up, so that probably correlates to sales numbers.

That's okay to be honest I made the edit after you pointed out in a way how silly my original post was... :D

But you didn't give me a chance to reflect on my original post to see how it can be improved LOL.

All good.

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Woops, I replied when the edit wasn't there. Boy do I feel dumb.

I understand the iPad market share is now genuinely slipping because finally Android is getting tablets right.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
That's okay to be honest I made the edit after you pointed out in a way how silly my original post was... :D

But you didn't give me a chance to reflect on my original post to see how it can be improved LOL.

All good.

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I was thinking "Is this guy serious?" :p

Not quite. Go to the corner and think about what you've done.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I understand the iPad market share is now genuinely slipping because finally Android is getting tablets right.

I think all they need to do is focus on getting more tablet optimized apps and more apps in general to be compatible with their devices. Many a time an app I run fine on my phone is incompatible with my N7 for whatever reason :(

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I think all they need to do is focus on getting more tablet optimized apps and more apps in general to be compatible with their devices. Many a time an app I run fine on my phone is incompatible with my N7 for whatever reason :(

I totally agree with this comment..... If Android developers can make their apps to be optimized for tablets, then you will see the gap really close! Example.....I'm a big fan of the news app Flipboard....this past week they updated their app to become a tablet app, and it is just amazing!!! Now if all the developers would do that, then I see Android tablets easily overtaking the iPad.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Agree with what's been said. I think that the Nexus 7 has really shown how good an android tablet can be. Now we need more developers investing time into great, tablet optimized apps. But I also think that means we as consumers need to vote with our dollars, being willing to spend money on great apps, providing constructive feedback to push the process along, etc.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
1 million Nexus 7 + maybe 500K Nexus 10 a month is very low according to me. that accounts to 4.5 million a Quater compared to 17 million iPad a Quarter.

I would really like Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 to sell at least 4 million a month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19