Replacement Pixel 7 Pro speakers

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So I had my original 7 Pro replaced because of a flashing green light on the screen. They sent me a refurbished unit. The speakers on this new unit are so tinny, they are two to three times more tinny than the original 7 pro I had. Just wanted to see if anyone knows of anything I can do to level out the tinniness? I'm assuming no because there's no EQ on the phone. Just thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone had ideas. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
If this isn't how your original 7 Pro was, I'd make them take it back again and fix or replace it.
Well you were right! Google is going to send me another replacement, they just have to wait till they get the one that I sent in today. And that's fine. Hopefully the next replacement's going to be better. Seriously though, this handset's speakers are terrible.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Well you were right! Google is going to send me another replacement, they just have to wait till they get the one that I sent in today. And that's fine. Hopefully the next replacement's going to be better. Seriously though, this handset's speakers are terrible.

That's really unfortunate. I hope my luck is better with my replacement.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Good to hear(lol). It isn't OK to replace a faulty device with a faulty device.

It is a very Google thing to do, though.

The speakers on my Pixel 6 are pretty bad, but I always assumed it was google cutting corners on hardware. Now I wonder if it was Google cutting corners on quality control...

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I think it's bogus to replace a faulty device with a refurbished one. We bought these things brand new and they are giving us used ones. Just to save a buck. My phone is flawless except for the screen. If there's even a scratch on my replacement, I'm sending it back.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I think it's bogus to replace a faulty device with a refurbished one. We bought these things brand new and they are giving us used ones. Just to save a buck. My phone is flawless except for the screen. If there's even a scratch on my replacement, I'm sending it back.

I completely agree. The phone is only 4 months old. They really should be sending out brand new in the box models.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I completely agree. The phone is only 4 months old. They really should be sending out brand new in the box models.

I hope both of you get flawless devices this time round.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk