Customize Nexus Lock Screen and Home Screens

DeathByBFG

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I feel really stupid asking this but I can't seem to find it in my Nexus's settings. Anyways how can I customize my Nexus? Specifically I want to be able to add widgets to the lock screen (including the little circle that you use to swipe to unlock) and tweak my main screens. Where do I go to do this? I'm used to my Galaxy S3 but for some reason the Nexus is giving me issues.

Thank You!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
if you swipe the widgets on the lock screen it would give an option with a + sign to add widgets.

to customize your lock screen use an app called widget locker.

DeathByBFG

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ah. So I can't put widgets on the illuminating lock circle without widget locker?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Ah. So I can't put widgets on the illuminating lock circle without widget locker?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
yes, you can without widget locker. press and hold a widget in the lock screen. it will let you move the widgets.

move the widget you want to the right end and it would be displayed on your lock screen

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
yes, you can without widget locker. press and hold a widget in the lock screen. it will let you move the widgets.

move the widget you want to the right end and it would be displayed on your lock screen

I don't think this is correct. The question is if a widget can be placed on the slide-to-unlock lock circle on the lock screen. I don't believe this is possible with stock Jellybean.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this is correct. The question is if a widget can be placed on the slide-to-unlock lock circle on the lock screen. I don't believe this is possible with stock Jellybean.
maybe i misunderstood the question. yes, its not possible to place it in the circle without an app.
but with 4.2 you can place supported widgets on the lock screen.