wifi reconnect problems

Tim Liberty

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I got a nexus 7 yesterday and it is awesome and everything works great other than the weird issue I'm having with the wifi. It will work great then if it let it sleep for awhile it will lose its connection even though it says its connected. When I try to reconnect it won't let me. My galaxy s2 seems to be doing the same thing but I don't think our laptops have been affected. If I reset my router it works great until I let it sleep awhile again and the process starts all over again.

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Settings > Wi-Fi > menu (3 vertical dots in upper right) > Advanced > Keep WiFi on during sleep, set to always. I also have wi-fi optimization checked, but I don't know if that matters. This will prevent loss of connection during sleep. However, some mostly older routers don't seem to play nicely with current phone/tablet chipsets. Lots of threads in lots of forums about that.

Tim Liberty

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for double post but UN checking (having it turned off) the WiFi during sleep seemed to have worked so far for me.

I also turned off my tablet, unplugged router, reset modem, plugged router back in and the turned tablet back on but I don't think that is what did it.

Keep your fingers crossed that it stays working.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for double post but UN checking (having it turned off) the WiFi during sleep seemed to have worked so far for me.

I also turned off my tablet, unplugged router, reset modem, plugged router back in and the turned tablet back on but I don't think that is what did it.

Keep your fingers crossed that it stays working.

If that doesn't work, try using a static ip address - therefore when it wakes up, it will lock to the static ip address - use the same address that it picks when it is working, that way both auto and static are the same - but as you have done in the past if all else fails, is simply unplug the router, no need to hit reset, wait 10seconds and plug power back in and the device should pick the ip address up again without any problems.

Tim Liberty

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
If that doesn't work, try using a static ip address - therefore when it wakes up, it will lock to the static ip address - use the same address that it picks when it is working, that way both auto and static are the same - but as you have done in the past if all else fails, is simply unplug the router, no need to hit reset, wait 10seconds and plug power back in and the device should pick the ip address up again without any problems.

Yea. My solution did not last. I have had it on static and still had this problem. I'm starting to think it has to do with my router because my phone, tablet, and one of my laptops can not reconnect after it acts up till after we reset the router again.

I have a net gear wnr2000.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Yea. My solution did not last. I have had it on static and still had this problem. I'm starting to think it has to do with my router because my phone, tablet, and one of my laptops can not reconnect after it acts up till after we reset the router again.

I have a net gear wnr2000.

I believe you are probably correct, because if all your other devices have problems at the same time, then it only point to one thing. Good Luck!

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with my RAZRM. It would only connect to my WiFi when i rest my router and hit connect in my phone as the router came back on. Until the phone went to sleep, then it would just keep cycling through the authorization process. I have 4 other devices that connect and stay connected with no problem. I went to Verizon and it connected to EVERYTHING in and around the store. I had to go in and set my router to WEP instead of WPA. Its less secure, and makes me a little nervous, but I'm not burning up my shared data anymore. I may have to look into a new router.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Great! Now that it stays connected, you need a kickstand4u tm to prop it up so can enjoy viewing it! :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2