Downloading from DLNA to local storage (or selective syncing)

sisniper

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys

My 3 little monsters(kids) are proud owners of Nexus 7's however Ive come across a slight support problem (for me) in that all our media is stored centrally on a server wither serviio installed and the serviio client on the nexus7's - this all works great !

although....

only on the local network so is useless use as in car media player, so does anyone know of a way to download from serviio to local storage (I would rather let them be responsible for managing)

It dosn't have to be serviio btw so any suggestions be welcome as to how I could achieve this ?

thanks

Si

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
does anyone know of a way to download from serviio to local storage (I would rather let them be responsible for managing)

It dosn't have to be serviio btw so any suggestions be welcome as to how I could achieve this ?

You have several options. The easiest usually is to plug the USB cable that come with the N7 into your PC's USB port and just drag n drop the files w/ windows explorer.

Second you can allow LAN access to the folders on your media server and use your WiFi connection and a N7 file manager like ES File Explorer, X-Plore, etc to transfer the files.

Third you can use an app like AirDroid to control the file system on the N7 from a browser window and transfer over WiFi

Fourth, you can transfer the files to a USB drive and attach that drive to the N7 with an OTG adapter and use Nexus Media Importer to give read only access to the USBdrive.

That should give you enough choices !!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89