Good moment to buy Nexus 7?

Ruben91

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I would like your opinions on the fact that I read some rumors that there is going to be an next nexus 7 on the google I/O in may 2013,
with better specs and android key lime pie, for the same price.
If this would be true, is it still a good idea to buy a nexus 7, or better to wait?

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
There is never really a 'good time' to by technology products, to be totally honest. You buy early, you're usually faced with higher prices and more technical bugs. Buy mid-to-late term and you generally do so knowing that there will likely be an upgraded model in the not too distant future, however early bugs are usually eradicated. Buy late, you may or may not pay a lower price, will most likely be satisfied nonetheless but probably wish you'd held out.

The Nexus 7 as it stands is a very capable device. Highly likely a newer version will be announced during Q1.

You basically need to address your specific needs, see if the current Nexus 7 meets your needs. Then decide if your needs can wait potentially 4-6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Chris is right there is never a good time to buy technology. For me to replace my N7 will take something that can support Miracast.

Ruben91

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So, better buying one now than waiting half a year on a possible better nexus 7 that is going to be at its best (without bugs) in another 6 months. thanks!

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I expect the rumours stem solely from the fact that the current Nexus 7 was announced at the last Google IO, for all we know they'll delay the next iteration until October/November and release it with the next Nexus phone. Still, it is likely to be five/six months at least, do you really want to wait that long to buy a tablet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got my32g Nexus 7 on Wednesday and I could not be happier. I did not feel the need to wait for the latest and greatest. I say you should get one now and enjoy it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I get caught up in the specs war sometimes and I don't really know why. My gnex is supposedly outdated specs-wise but it is super smooth and runs any game I've played on it. Besides games there's not many apps that require a lot of horsepower. The same will be true of the nexus 7. It is super smooth and runs anything I throw at it. I don't think that will change when the next version is released. Also, the nexus 7 will get key lime pie as soon as it's released too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38