1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The Music Widget has stopped showing album covers

Wifeys (Generic with OS) music widget has stopped showing the Album covers. At first I assumed it was due to her choosing shuffle or some other gubbins. So, I did the whole 'Give it here' humph and attempted to show Wifey where she was going wrong. I then had Humble Pie straight after.

I popped into the music area and choose a few albums with Covers attached. The names showed on the home page, but not the album artwork (which before it used too).

I've checked the settings and can't find anywhere I can turn them on (or off for that matter).

Does anyone know how to get them back and/or can anyone recommend a music widget which shows album covers on the home page and doesn't come with alot of adverts attached?

Default Re: The Music Widget has stopped showing album covers

Restart the Nexus and the album covers will suddenly appear properly in "My Library".

This tends to happen to me when I've uploaded new albums to Google Music. The artwork will appear fine in "Play Music" but on the homescreen/My library it requires a system restart for the artwork to appear properly.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'll have a quick look now I respond shortly
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Didn't work for us - Complete Power Off and turned it back on. Still showing Coloured squares with the album title.

They are official CDs ripped too (haven't downloaded a dodgy CD in years).

google has said i is having a problem with album art for about a week. they say they are working on it. pretty annoying.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

As long as it's nothing I've clicked I can wait...Wifey can't however

If your talking about Google Play Music then try going to apps Google play music and clear the data. When you open the music app it will rebuild with the album art. I had to use a free app like album art grabber to get some of my art then do the clear data from the app then all my album art showed up fine.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by MarkFL88 View Post
    If your talking about Google Play Music then try going to apps Google play music and clear the data. When you open the music app it will rebuild with the album art. I had to use a free app like album art grabber to get some of my art then do the clear data from the app then all my album art showed up fine.
    For the life of me I cannot find, in Google Play Music, and way to clear the data. Does it fall under a different name?

Quote Originally Posted by Villordsutch View Post
    For the life of me I cannot find, in Google Play Music, and way to clear the data. Does it fall under a different name?
    Its not in Google music. Go to setting, apps, then the Google Play Music app and clear the data there.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Nope MarkFL88 didn't work