The Music Widget has stopped showing album covers

Villordsutch

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Wifeys (Generic with OS) music widget has stopped showing the Album covers. At first I assumed it was due to her choosing shuffle or some other gubbins. So, I did the whole 'Give it here' humph and attempted to show Wifey where she was going wrong. I then had Humble Pie straight after. :eek:

I popped into the music area and choose a few albums with Covers attached. The names showed on the home page, but not the album artwork (which before it used too).

I've checked the settings and can't find anywhere I can turn them on (or off for that matter).

Does anyone know how to get them back and/or can anyone recommend a music widget which shows album covers on the home page and doesn't come with alot of adverts attached?

:D

Griff88

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Restart the Nexus and the album covers will suddenly appear properly in "My Library".

This tends to happen to me when I've uploaded new albums to Google Music. The artwork will appear fine in "Play Music" but on the homescreen/My library it requires a system restart for the artwork to appear properly.

Villordsutch

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Didn't work for us - Complete Power Off and turned it back on. Still showing Coloured squares with the album title.

They are official CDs ripped too (haven't downloaded a dodgy CD in years).

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If your talking about Google Play Music then try going to apps Google play music and clear the data. When you open the music app it will rebuild with the album art. I had to use a free app like album art grabber to get some of my art then do the clear data from the app then all my album art showed up fine.

Villordsutch

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If your talking about Google Play Music then try going to apps Google play music and clear the data. When you open the music app it will rebuild with the album art. I had to use a free app like album art grabber to get some of my art then do the clear data from the app then all my album art showed up fine.

For the life of me I cannot find, in Google Play Music, and way to clear the data. Does it fall under a different name?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa