- 7 Posts
Commands in voice typing (and is there a "tab" key?)
Is there a list somewhere of the commands for voice typing? I've had a Nexus 7 for a few weeks and just accidentally found I could type emails and such just by speaking the email content. (Also found out I could do a lot of other things that are not in the Nexus 7 Guidebook - weird.) But I can't seem to figure out how to do things like punctuation, new paragraphs, capital letters, etc. All I've figured out is "question mark" to make a question mark. If I say anything else the actual words come up. For example if I say "period" the word period comes up. The voice recognition is spot-on so hopefully I'll be able to use it like I'm imagining
Also, is there a Tab or Next key/function somewhere for going to the next line in forms and such?
- 01-24-2013, 08:57 AM #2
- 01-24-2013, 10:27 AM #3
- 01-24-2013, 11:52 AM #4
- 01-25-2013, 12:47 PM #5
- 7 Posts
Re: Commands in voice typing (and is there a "tab" key?)
The period command started working out of nowhere! Sometimes "new line" works and sometimes it puts the text "new line" up on the screen.
But is there a "tab" key or command somewhere? Behind the Enter key, Tab and Shift-Tab are two most useful basic and critical key commands.
- By eklisiewicz in forum ASUS EeePad Transformer PrimeReplies: 3Last Post: 04-28-2012, 07:04 PM
- By 6tr6tr in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inchReplies: 4Last Post: 07-28-2011, 09:32 PM
- By hawaiijedi in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 25Last Post: 12-15-2010, 05:57 PM
- By Droid-El in forum Samsung Galaxy TabReplies: 9Last Post: 11-19-2010, 05:34 AM
- By bocaccio in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 10Last Post: 10-30-2010, 02:11 AM