Commands in voice typing (and is there a "tab" key?)

leeloo67

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Is there a list somewhere of the commands for voice typing? I've had a Nexus 7 for a few weeks and just accidentally found I could type emails and such just by speaking the email content. (Also found out I could do a lot of other things that are not in the Nexus 7 Guidebook - weird.) But I can't seem to figure out how to do things like punctuation, new paragraphs, capital letters, etc. All I've figured out is "question mark" to make a question mark. If I say anything else the actual words come up. For example if I say "period" the word period comes up. The voice recognition is spot-on so hopefully I'll be able to use it like I'm imagining

Also, is there a Tab or Next key/function somewhere for going to the next line in forms and such?

Sheri-BB

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes I use period also. But I can't get it to space after it! :/ I love this little tablet!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Again, strange there's so much variance...I get an automatic space after period. I wonder if the keyboard you are using matters. I use swiftkey.

leeloo67

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
The period command started working out of nowhere! Sometimes "new line" works and sometimes it puts the text "new line" up on the screen.

But is there a "tab" key or command somewhere? Behind the Enter key, Tab and Shift-Tab are two most useful basic and critical key commands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2