Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Commands in voice typing (and is there a "tab" key?)

Is there a list somewhere of the commands for voice typing? I've had a Nexus 7 for a few weeks and just accidentally found I could type emails and such just by speaking the email content. (Also found out I could do a lot of other things that are not in the Nexus 7 Guidebook - weird.) But I can't seem to figure out how to do things like punctuation, new paragraphs, capital letters, etc. All I've figured out is "question mark" to make a question mark. If I say anything else the actual words come up. For example if I say "period" the word period comes up. The voice recognition is spot-on so hopefully I'll be able to use it like I'm imagining

Also, is there a Tab or Next key/function somewhere for going to the next line in forms and such?

Default Re: Commands in voice typing (and is there a "tab" key?)

I use "period" all the time in voice dictation...strange it doesn't work for you...

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default Commands in voice typing (and is there a "tab" key?)

Yes I use period also. But I can't get it to space after it! :/ I love this little tablet!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk

Again, strange there's so much variance...I get an automatic space after period. I wonder if the keyboard you are using matters. I use swiftkey.

voice typing is even better in JB. you can use voice typing without internet unlike iDevices

back to topic Say comma, period, question mark, exclamation mark, or exclamation point to enter punctuation

Type text by speaking - Android OS Help
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

The period command started working out of nowhere! Sometimes "new line" works and sometimes it puts the text "new line" up on the screen.

But is there a "tab" key or command somewhere? Behind the Enter key, Tab and Shift-Tab are two most useful basic and critical key commands.