Voice Typing on Samsung Keyboard

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
So, I've been trying to use Samsung keyboard because of the writing assistance thing I probably won't actually use... Has anyone figured out a way to use voice typing without having to use that big bar at the bottom? Not having a voice typing key is quite irritating...

Reactions: jmart75

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mines on top for s23u , check in setting of the keyboard?
911fa776e2514e0cc13fe0879f6f0040.jpg

Reactions: kevinpleasants

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Is SwiftKey not available anymore? I love Swiftkey
I think it comes preinstalled... I should delete that if I haven't already, I hate swiftkey lol.

I usually use Gboard, the only reason I'm using Samsung keyboard is...

I believe it comes pre-installed on the device. If I have not already done so, I should remove it because I dislike Swiftkey.

I typically use Gboard, and the only reason I am currently using the Samsung keyboard is...

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I think it comes preinstalled... I should delete that if I haven't already, I hate swiftkey lol.

I usually use Gboard, the only reason I'm using Samsung keyboard is...

I believe it comes pre-installed on the device. If I have not already done so, I should remove it because I dislike Swiftkey.

I typically use Gboard, and the only reason I am currently using the Samsung keyboard is...
I think your record is skipping 😄

jmart75

May 26, 2010
Visit site
So, I've been trying to use Samsung keyboard because of the writing assistance thing I probably won't actually use... Has anyone figured out a way to use voice typing without having to use that big bar at the bottom? Not having a voice typing key is quite irritating...
I'm having the same issue. I'm only trying the Samsung keyboard for some of the AI features on my S24 Ultra. I want a mic button like Gboard or other keyboards. I don't want a huge banner/nav bar under my keyboard just to get voice input. I've messed with all the settings and haven't found a way yet. I was hoping the long press on space bar for voice input would work but it doesn't without the banner below.

I had the voice input button in my toolbar similar to one of the other pictures on my S23 Ultra with the latest OneUI 6.0 update that was out.

Hopefully we can get a fix for this.

jmart75

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, no matter how hard I try to use the Samsung keyboard, despite not having the voice input where I want, it just doesn't work for me. Gboard fixes my poor typing quirks and can separate accidental run-on word groups without issue. The word it suggests or puts down when I hit space is frequently more accurate as well. I'm sad to miss out on some potential AI benefits and what should be better OS integration but the Samsung keyboard just needs more work.

I'll check back frequently to see if things get updated, but back to Gboard I go.

Reactions: jtfwTX

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this. I'm not sure what the UI designers were thinking, but it seems utterly dysfunctional to have an entire bar dedicated to one button, which isn't even centered. When I first saw it I assumed I had triggered a bug of some kind.

Reactions: phone-a-holic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana