Nexus 7 Internal Storage

carolynjoyce

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus Internal storage contains music I have downloaded from my computer but I can't open the files so how do I transfer it to Google Play so that I can listen to it, or, how do I download the music direct from the computer to google play without it going into storage?

paul220563

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have copied music from my laptop to my nexus 7 and it has put my music files in the internal storage how do I get them to my music folder on my nexus 7

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I am going to ask the same question again, as there is not enough specific information in that reply for me. I have dragged music files into my N7, to locations that Explorer showed me and they looked like music folders, but when I start the N7 included Music App, I can't find those songs anywhere. And yet, there is some other "junk" available to play that came off my computer, but I never put it there. What gives with that? When you say "Drag it to your Nexus 7 using Explorer, exactly what is the music folder name in N7 where the (MP3 files, for example) files should be dropped?
Thanks, a N7 newbie, and not much of a computer nerd, but I can drag and drop if I just know what folder. My guess didn't work!

redback

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Here's what I do Larry.
Connect Nexus to USB port on my computer (I'm assuming Windows OS)
Click 'Start - Computer'
You will see the Nexus icon at the bottom of all the other icons
Double click to open it to 'Internal Storage'
Double click to see all the folders in the Nexus
Double click on the 'Music' folder to open it
Drag music from your computer hard drive into that folder you have just opened

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have copied mp3's into the /sdcard/music folder. Whatever music player I use (Play Music, Poweramp, Cubed, etc.) I can find and play the songs there.

anav_ds

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I use ASTRO file manager. It has a pretty easy copy and paste functionality I have quickly come to appreciate. If you can locate the file on your nexus 7, this program will allow you to move them to the music folder.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
i can't even open internal storage,when i open Nexus icon,there are no folders in it, its clean.

Welcome to Android Central! It'd be helpful if you gave us a little more information. I assume you have a 2012 Nexus 7. Is it rooted? If so, are you running a custom ROM? Are you using the original USB cable? Are you connecting to a PC or a Mac?

When you connect your Nexus 7 to the computer, swipe down the Notifications and select the USB connection option--make sure it's MTP, not PTP.

Corey Mussared

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
hi i have recently got a nexus 7 tablet and it is plugged into my computer and i cant access my internal storage on my laptop my screen is unlocked but i still cant access it can some one help please

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
hi i have recently got a nexus 7 tablet and it is plugged into my computer and i cant access my internal storage on my laptop my screen is unlocked but i still cant access it can some one help please

Try SETTINGS/STORAGE/click top right and check mark Media....

nana8azy.jpg

anatynaz.jpg

y9yza9ah.jpg

dapu2eqa.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress