Does anyone use overdrive for ebooks?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded it, and got my library card set up and stuff and downloaded a book, but I don't like their reader, it takes forever to load the pages, and I would like to try another reader

I downloaded aldiko book reader and it says it supports epub files, but when I go to import it says could not load file

Can anyone help please, thanks

Sent from an orange potato......no, really

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Because of the DRM you either need to remove it or you need to download the books from within aldiko which it can do. Simply add your library as a source in the catalog section of Aldiko.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Because of the DRM you either need to remove it or you need to download the books from within aldiko which it can do. Simply add your library as a source in the catalog section of Aldiko.

I just signed in to my adobe account for the DRM thing, still no help

I'm not sure how I could add it to my catalog because the book was from the public library and also I'm borrowing the book using the overdrive app

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've never used it but I know that the catalogs feature of aldiko will let you add a library that uses overdrive. Then you would download your books using Aldiko rather than using overdrive. I would Google for more information on this if I were you.

drjboulder

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I check out books from my local library through Overdrive all the time. I have never used the the Overdrive app. I use the Kindle app. I am not sure if checking out the Kindle version of the book is common amongst all libraries. Works flawlessly for me.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I check out books from my local library through Overdrive all the time. I have never used the the Overdrive app. I use the Kindle app. I am not sure if checking out the Kindle version of the book is common amongst all libraries. Works flawlessly for me.

Really? How did you get it through the kindle app?

drjboulder

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
How did you get it through the kindle app?
Well, I do not get them through the app. I go to my local library's web site, click on ebooks, which links to Overdrive. Browse to a book I want. Click on "add to cart" for the Kindle version. From the cart, "checkout" takes you to Amazon where you choose the device to download it to...

8454919094_cd2523148b.jpg

(not a book I plan to check out, just a screenshot to illustrate an example)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, I do not get them through the app. I go to my local library's web site, click on ebooks, which links to Overdrive. Browse to a book I want. Click on "add to cart" for the Kindle version. From the cart, "checkout" takes you to Amazon where you choose the device to download it to...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8230/8454919094_cd2523148b.jpg
(not a book I plan to check out, just a screenshot to illustrate an example)

Oh ok, thanks, I'll try it later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38