Can the softkeys be edited without a custom rom or root?

Levolent com

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I want to add the context menu button as well as the search button from the Huawei m920. it would also be nice to move them closer to the ends of the screen and a multitasking button at both ends. Also, could a blutooth keyboard search be remapped to the multitasking button?

Bonus question: Are there any 4g USB dangles with drivers for Android or Ubuntu? If no, what about 3g?

Levolent com

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
root would certainly be needed, but you would also probably need a custom rom to move the soft buttons.

Bummer.. I think custom roms can get your warranty voided especially if you overclock like I would want to. Also not sure if I can root without losing everything done to it so far.

Know anything about the bt remapping or cellular data dongles?

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
you should be able to root without wiping your device, but that is also an at-your-own-risk type of thing that could void your warranty.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the cellular data dongles. I don't think there are any Android drivers for that kind of thing. Most people teather to smartphones or use a wifi hotspot if they are looking for a solution.

To remap keys on the keyboard, you would probably need root and some some deeper know how of where that mapping is stored, but you probably wouldn't need a custom rom.

Levolent com

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
you should be able to root without wiping your device, but that is also an at-your-own-risk type of thing that could void your warranty.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the cellular data dongles. I don't think there are any Android drivers for that kind of thing. Most people teather to smartphones or use a wifi hotspot if they are looking for a solution.

To remap keys on the keyboard, you would probably need root and some some deeper know how of where that mapping is stored, but you probably wouldn't need a custom rom.

Anyway to add a custom kernel (understand this is the only way to overclock?) without losing everything I've done so far with it?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Well you can't do anything with out rooting and unlocking, so might as well forget about it.

Really no risks involved since an uncooked device is super easy to restore.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Levolent com

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Well you can't do anything with out rooting and unlocking, so might as well forget about it.

Really no risks involved since an uncooked device is super easy to restore.

Dont mind rooting its the custom ROMs that im avoiding. Is it possible to change the kernel (for OC) without a custom ROM just root?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
If you unlock it yes, but unlocking it will wipe all your data there is no way around that.

But honestly man, just root and install paranoid android. It includes all the features you are looking for in one smooth rom that's better than stock.