Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By MJKearney
  • 1 Post By return_0
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Default Battery Percentage indicator on 4.2.2

I was thinking by now on android 4.2.2 Google would have included a battery percentage indicator. I realize that I can download one in the play store but sometimes its the little things such as battery percentage indicator that I wish came included. Anyone else agree?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by lbros360; 02-16-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Default Re: Battery indicator on 4.2.2

Um, there is a battery indicator.

If you mean a battery indicator with a percentage remaining, just pull down the quick settings menu (swipe down from the upper right), and there it is.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

I'm sorry, I meant a percentage indicator next to the battery icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Um, there is a battery indicator.
    - - - Updated - - -

Yea I know, but I just wish it had an option to put it next to the battery icon
    Quote Originally Posted by MJKearney View Post
    If you mean a battery indicator with a percentage remaining, just pull down the quick settings menu (swipe down from the upper right), and there it is.

The only way that's going to happen right now is if you root and mod or install a ROM.

Default Re: Battery Percentage indicator on 4.2.2

I look at it as more of a blessing. Imagine if Google or Asus had decided to add a battery percent indicator that was too big, too small, or just plain ugly, and you had no way to modify it or uninstall it. You'd be annoyed that they were wasting your space on an app you don't like or need. The way it is now, you have many options on the Play Store to install an app that can do this exactly how you want it to look.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I look at it as more of a blessing. Imagine if Google or Asus had decided to add a battery percent indicator that was too big, too small, or just plain ugly, and you had no way to modify it or uninstall it. You'd be annoyed that they were wasting your space on an app you don't like or need. The way it is now, you have many options on the Play Store to install an app that can do this exactly how you want it to look.
    This is true, and perhaps it's also to avoid infringing on developer's efforts. However, in iOS (forgive me for mentioning this name), the percentage indicator is optional, and turned off by default. If Google were to implement this feature, that would be the way to do it, at least until Cupertino sued Mountain View.
    ashishb and B. Diddy like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MJKearney View Post
    This is true, and perhaps it's also to avoid infringing on developer's efforts. However, in iOS (forgive me for mentioning this name), the percentage indicator is optional, and turned off by default. If Google were to implement this feature, that would be the way to do it, at least until Cupertino sued Mountain View.
    I was thinking the same thing. I just wanted an option that allows you to turn it on or off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    +10000 couldn't have explained it better

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

I use Battery Solo and am happy with it.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

There's no way to do this on stock, unrooted Android, but there are some great apps that do this and more. My personal favorite is Battery Widget? Reborn!, which not only includes a battery indicator notification and cool-looking/functional widget, but it also provides things like usage statistics, time remaining estimations, wifi/mobile data/bluetooth/other toggles, and even a 'night mode' which turns off many processes to save battery! And, yes, I know this sounds like an ad, but I don't care.

Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.reborn.beta
    Thanked by 2:
    B. Diddy likes this.

That doesn't sound ad-like at all. The posts that are clearly ads are typically very poorly written with lousy grammar, or overly florid, as if you're reading the transcript of an infomercial!

I do the same kind of evangelizing for apps that I particularly like, such as Power Toggles.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

They really need to implement this in a similar fashion as AOKP and CM roms do where the user can fully customize it.