deleting items from storage devices

rachvet

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I have an OTG cable and the nexus media importer app working fine. I was hoping to use this to take on holiday in order to clear the SD card in our helmet cam. Is there a function that will allow me to delete data on the sd card? I'm guessing I need to root but I'm not entirely sure what that means!?

Thanks for any help

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes in order to delete files via OTG you will need to root your device and use the stickmount app.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have an OTG cable and the nexus media importer app working fine. I was hoping to use this to take on holiday in order to clear the SD card in our helmet cam. Is there a function that will allow me to delete data on the sd card? I'm guessing I need to root but I'm not entirely sure what that means!?

Thanks for any help

Rooting is when you modify the normal operation of the Nexus 7 operating system, Android 4.

You can always use your PC/MAC to work with the flash memory file system and delete or add what you like. Nexus Media Importer does NOT currently have the capability to delete files on the Flash Memory it accesses. This is the result of Google's removal of normal external storage I/O routines from the version of Android it distributes with the N7. Rooting allows you to add that code back into the OS.