Pocketman1953

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys, I have purchased a new Nexus 7 tablet as a present for my Son in Law.
I want to set it up for him with a few apps etc so it is ready to go, but I have declined to set it up from my home as it has all my info etc from my Wi Fi.
I know that it can have multiple users but I do not want to be a user in the Nexus 7, only him.
I thought I could create a user name and password for him then download and set it up.
Would I have to use his Wi Fi at his home with the help from his wife.
Also I do not know if he has a Google account.
Any help or the easiest way out of this would be appreciated.
Cheers Rob.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys, I have purchased a new Nexus 7 tablet as a present for my Son in Law.
I want to set it up for him with a few apps etc so it is ready to go, but I have declined to set it up from my home as it has all my info etc from my Wi Fi.
I know that it can have multiple users but I do not want to be a user in the Nexus 7, only him.
I thought I could create a user name and password for him then download and set it up.
Would I have to use his Wi Fi at his home with the help from his wife.
Also I do not know if he has a Google account.
Any help or the easiest way out of this would be appreciated.
Cheers Rob.

Great gift! Why not give it to him in the box brand new and let him set it up? If getting one as a gift I would prefer to set it up myself. Just my .02 !

But if you insist, set it up using your WiFi and forget the network so it deletes all of your network info.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Alex trebek

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I agree. As a kid I hated when my tech nerd dad set stuff up for me. When he finds cool apps he will love to show them with you, just be there to help him. If you want to set it up the editors choice section is amazing. And if this is his first Android device remember to explain to him that this isn't an iPhone and he can get hacked.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme

Pocketman1953

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Nexus 4, I will take on board !!!
Just one thing? When you switch on the unit it asks for language (No Problems There)
Then it comes up with Wi Fi ''Rob'' signal excellent then it asks for password. (what password) Google account??? or any password for the first time??
How do you get to editors choice ?
Best, Rob

IslandTosh

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Nexus 4, I will take on board !!!
Just one thing? When you switch on the unit it asks for language (No Problems There)
Then it comes up with Wi Fi ''Rob'' signal excellent then it asks for password. (what password) Google account??? or any password for the first time??
How do you get to editors choice ?
Best, Rob

Sounds like it's asking for the password to your Wi-Fi network. The Google password gets entered in after it can get online (and you'll have to put in your Google username 1st)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2