media importer and my nexus 7 problem

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I've connected my Nexus 7 via OTG cable and installed Media Importer.I plugged my USB stick kingmax 8 GB drive and program recognizes the files (I see the list of files in program),but I can not open any single one of them,not even video not even pdf and music files.and light on my flash drive an't blinking when I run them.
What could be the possible problem for it?I didn't root the device at all,and don't want to.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I would test with another flash drive right off the bat. Not all flash are created equal. Oh, I also have read that the file system can't be exfat. Format it NTFS.

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I would test with another flash drive right off the bat. Not all flash are created equal. Oh, I also have read that the file system can't be exfat. Format it NTFS.
I just read about program.At start it supported FAT16/32,so I don't know what are you talking about.

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Tried different usb stick,same problem.... :(

What format is the stick currently? When you are connected it via your pc check the properties of it, it should tell you.

Im not familar with the program but have you tried using a different to stream the music?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried copying the files off of the drive to local storage with the media importer to see if they'll play that way?

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Sticks are in FAT format.Wunderbar haven't tried that.But why does it matter?I don't want to copy,because I want to preserve N7 disk storage space.

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Sticks are in FAT format.Wunderbar haven't tried that.But why does it matter?I don't want to copy,because I want to preserve N7 disk storage space.

Without a device myself to test I cant tell you but did you try testing a music play such as N7 or power amp and for video mx player?

I'd advice trying to format one of your sticks in NTFS format, transfer in a file from the other stick to try it out. Because it could be a format error.

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I tried to copy any of the files on background video or mp3 and it runs normally from storage of N7.The only files I can open via media importer are jpg files..any other file I run it shows me error.
Maybe I need to update jelly bean or I'm having incorrect version of this program.

Without a device myself to test I cant tell you but did you try testing a music play such as N7 or power amp and for video mx player?

I'd advice trying to format one of your sticks in NTFS format, transfer in a file from the other stick to try it out. Because it could be a format error.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I tried to copy any of the files on background video or mp3 and it runs normally from storage of N7.The only files I can open via media importer are jpg files..any other file I run it shows me error.
Maybe I need to update jelly bean or I'm having incorrect version of this program.
In summary, then, when you attach a flash drive:
1. NMI opens.
2. NMI lists all files on the flash drive, as shown under various file type tabs.
3. You can select any file and perform a transfer of that file to the N7.
4. If you select a jpg file, NMI shows the photo directly within the app.
5. If you select any other multimedia file and try to play it by pressing the play button, you receive an error.

Here are questions for you:
1. Are you sure you are using Nexus Media Importer, and not the free Nexus Photo Viewer by the same developer?
2. What specifically is the error message that you get? Attach a screen shot if possible.
3. Do you have 3rd party apps installed on your N7 that can play the type of video files you have, such as MX Player?

nadnadnerb

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello, pretty much all my video issues were resolved when I installed MX Player.

Since then, as soon as I attach the USB drive, Nexus Media Importer opens . It takes a little while to list all the video files on the drive, but then has played any MOV, mpg, 3gp, avi or wmv I have tried. The only odd thing is that one very large wmv file I have now runs in (very smooth) slow-mo, but all the other files run at normal speed with good sound.

I was using it at a trade exhibition last week to show videos demonstrating installation of mechanical equipment to interested individuals and
a) it was much handier than making them stand and watch a monitor - we could stand aside or sit anywhere and discuss easily while FFwd and RW or pause any time we wanted
b) the clients were impressed by the sharpness, ease and smoothness and unfortunately began asking about the Nexus rather than our mechanical equipment!

ldfrmc

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The wmv file that runs at 1/2 speed (slow motion) was shot or transcoded from a 60 fps (or 60p) video clip. The wmv player (or emulator) will slow things to the standard 30 fps (29.97).
A different app that specifically states it can handle 60p or 60 fps video is what you need.

(I haven't found one, yet)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89