Nexus 7 link to TV

premieji

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi - sadly my Nexus 7 is the cheaper one without the HDMI port. I am wondering how I can play films from my Nexus 7 tablet onto my TV - can it be done using bluetooth ? If so how? If not, is there any other way? Thanks for your help - I'm just a granny :)

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
There is no way to mirror your N7 screen to your TV. The N7 single band WiFi doesn't support Miracast or WiDi that requires dual WiFi. There is no HDMI or MHL video out port on the N7. The Nexus 10 tablet has a HDMI port. The Nexus 4 phone will support Miracast which is a dual WiFi connection to a Miracast device like Netgear Push2TV? Wireless Display Adapter (PTV3000). I really think Miracast is bleeding edge technology and I am stuck with a PTV3000 that my new laptop won't support WiDi and the N7 won't support Miracast. BTW, few laptops support Microsoft's WiDi at this point. HDMI is the way to go.

There are some expensive options but that have lots of limits on what they can do. Wi-Fi Media lets your Nexus 7 play movies on any screen via HTC's Media Link HD (hands-on video)

There will be some new tablets coming out this year that have better solutions but the Nexus 10 is your best choice right now with it's HDMI port.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
As the reply above states, you can't mirror your N7 to your TV. However, if your TV (or attached Blu-ray player or cable box or media streamer or Android mini computer, etc) has DLNA or UPnP built in, you can stream locally stored video, audio and photos wirelessly to the TV. Install an app like BubbleUPnP onto your N7 to enable this capability. Note that this won't let you stream media that is streaming to your N7, like Google Play Movies or Pandora radio. The media has to be locally stored on your N7.