Casting to Smart TV w s22+

decoyn

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Sometime in the last few months I lost the ability to cast to my smart TV from my phone by selecting the casting icon from the phone's menu. Can only cast if there is a casting icon on the particular app I'm using. This seemed to happen with a previous update. Any help would be appreciated.

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
One thing I do is use the Chrome browser to go to the web site version of any app that does not have inbuilt casting support and cast the stream that way.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I don't have that either. I just know for me all the cast buttons would not appear on my browser windows or anything else until I enabled that.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue on my Google tv. I just uninstalled the updates to Chromecast on my TV and that fixed the issue.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Sometime in the last few months I lost the ability to cast to my smart TV from my phone by selecting the casting icon from the phone's menu. Can only cast if there is a casting icon on the particular app I'm using. This seemed to happen with a previous update. Any help would be appreciated.
Cast using Smart View. That shares your entire screen (both audio and video). It is at the device (OS) level not app level, which means any app you open you will see on the TV.

Smart View supports both Chromecast and Miracast. It even works with Roku devices.