NEW nexus7... battery confusion...

SethAsh

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
so... i just bought it a couple days ago...
i took it out of the box and there was charge already, which was nice...
did the initial set-up, then commenced to tweak settings...

once getting to the battery section... it is shown as having a 49% charge...
the time remaining was 22min and some seconds...

then, after charging it to 100%... the time left is now around 47 minutes...

how is a device which is supposed to have 8-10 hours of battery life not even having an hour on a full charge???
is there just some easily fixed issue, or should i be going back to the store for an exchange?

wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this...
any advice would be appreciated...
(the sooner the better, before i go and fill this thing up with stuff... )

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
where do you even see time remaining on the battery section?? stock android dont have that! maybe i have not come across it.
or maybe you mistaken it for usage since last charge.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
you're probably looking at something like this, correct?

Android-4.2.2-Battery-Life-Test-Usage-Chart.jpg

that counter counts up, not down. it counts how long the devices has been running on the battery, not how much time is left.

soup1467

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm pissed purchased Nexus 7 as a Christmas gift 2012 and the damn thing is dead no charge and everything is on it, if I don't get a new one i will tell everyone not to shop with this Google.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
so... i just bought it a couple days ago...
i took it out of the box and there was charge already, which was nice...
did the initial set-up, then commenced to tweak settings...

once getting to the battery section... it is shown as having a 49% charge...
the time remaining was 22min and some seconds...

then, after charging it to 100%... the time left is now around 47 minutes...

how is a device which is supposed to have 8-10 hours of battery life not even having an hour on a full charge???
is there just some easily fixed issue, or should i be going back to the store for an exchange?

wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this...
any advice would be appreciated...
(the sooner the better, before i go and fill this thing up with stuff... )

I seriously think you're mixing things up. In stock Nexus 7, there is no such thing as a "remainder" it only tells you the current battery percentage and how much time you've spent on it. And judging from what you wrote it looks like it took you about 22 minutes to set things up until you got to the battery. And another 20 something minutes until you fully charged your device. And also you should know that when companies advertise a number of hours lasting they usually have EVERYTHING off, wifi, brightness all the way down, no games, no facebook, no apps no nothing. Just turn it on and see how long it lasts... so in real world use you'll be getting 6-7 more or less depending on your usage.

I'm pissed purchased Nexus 7 as a Christmas gift 2012 and the damn thing is dead no charge and everything is on it, if I don't get a new one i will tell everyone not to shop with this Google.

First of all did you buy it from the Play Store or at a retail store? And what do you mean "everything is on it"? What's on it? It seems you got a defective unit. I understand your frustration but don't tell everyone to stop shopping for google devices because everyone's experience vary from person to person. You shouldn't stop people from trying it at least. So just make sure you still have warranty and call wherever you bought it from and see what can be done.

raybot

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, I'm new to the forum, with a beginner's question: I just got my N7 out of the box, did the initial setup, and am now doing the initial battery charge. Would it better for prolonging the battery life if I let it continue charging overnight, or is it sufficient to stop charging once it indicates that it's at 100%? Thanks for any input..

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
The battery control software prevents charging above the voltage which is considered to be 100%. Leaving the N7 on the charger after it reaches full charge is actually somewhat deleterious to battery life as in the number of years the battery lasts.

From my N7 or BBPB or HPTP or HP Laptop

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, I'm new to the forum, with a beginner's question: I just got my N7 out of the box, did the initial setup, and am now doing the initial battery charge. Would it better for prolonging the battery life if I let it continue charging overnight, or is it sufficient to stop charging once it indicates that it's at 100%? Thanks for any input..

I usually take if off the charger once it reaches 100%, but if you don't, the charging will stop and it will not "overcharge".

raybot

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your advice guys, I unplugged it once it reached full charge. Been fiddling around with it for most of the day, and right now it still has over 50% charge; so far so good!