Problem with bluetooth gaming controller NEED help

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the Steelseries Free mobile gaming controller which I use to play emulated games on my devices. I'm using the same apps/games on both devices (GS3 and Nexus 7)

I have no problem using the controller with my GS3 running 4.1 non-rooted. But with my Nexus 7 running 4.2.2 (unlocked and rooted running stock) it is unresponsive while in game. It connects fine and the buttons respond when I'm mapping out the keys, but once I try to play Mario or any other game the d-pad and buttons do not respond. Every once in awhile I will be able to move Mario or make him jump but its very delayed and most of the time the controller is not responsive at all.

Any ideas why this would be happening? Before I rooted my Nexus 7 it was not working and after I rooted it still doesn't work. I know my game apps and the controller are fine as they work fine on my GS3.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

P. S. Yes the controller is charged fully and yes the controller is in android mode NOT iOS mode.

MaTt

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
4.2 supposedly has a completely new bluetooth stack so it's possible it's simply not compatible with your controller. Hopefully the next version of android will fix your issue (or not)...

[edit]: If it's really important to you, you could try flashing a 4.1 factory image and see if it helps.