The Major Weakness of the Razr 2023?

Tractorlegs

Oct 25, 2023
Visit site
“BIG Games”, a game developer on Roblox, introduced Pet Simulator 99 one week ago today. This is the fourth incarnation of their Pet Simulator series, and it s really fun to play. I do most of my “gaming” on an A1 powered Apple iPad Air, which handles this game with ease.

Yesterday, my grandson and I decided to play the game - but he didn’t have his tablet with him, so I let him use my iPad and I used my Razr. Don’t get me wrong, I love this little Razr flip - but its Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 processor can not run a complicated Roblox game without a lot of drag and hesitation — I guess if I wanted to use the phone for gaming, I would have been better off getting the Razr+ with its gen 8 processor lol. Nevertheless, I still love the Razr 2023, but will limit most of my gaming that requires mucho device resources to my iPad. 😊

Captain Captain

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I think if it was advertised as a mobile phone suitable for heavy games then it would be a weakness. As it is, the Razr 40 is a budget foldable phone that's well capable of everything for the average user that isn't too demanding. Last year's processor is not exactly ancient and we'll suited to how I use a phone. My only thoughts are - durability but time will tell 😬.

Tractorlegs

Oct 25, 2023
Visit site
I think if it was advertised as a mobile phone suitable for heavy games then it would be a weakness. As it is, the Razr 40 is a budget foldable phone that's well capable of everything for the average user that isn't too demanding. Last year's processor is not exactly ancient and we'll suited to how I use a phone. My only thoughts are - durability but time will tell 😬.
Good post. Overall, it outperforms its “budget” status very well.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I’ve started to notice very fine scratches on the main screen. I’ve only ever cleaned it with a cloth meant for the purpose. So not sure how this is going to play out. Fortunately the scratches do not show with normal use but you have to look for them to see they are there. Overall, I’ve been very pleased with this phone and still am. It is a keeper but it’s longevity may be the downside. Had it since release.

Tractorlegs

Oct 25, 2023
Visit site
I’ve started to notice very fine scratches on the main screen. I’ve only ever cleaned it with a cloth meant for the purpose. So not sure how this is going to play out. Fortunately the scratches do not show with normal use but you have to look for them to see they are there. Overall, I’ve been very pleased with this phone and still am. It is a keeper but it’s longevity may be the downside. Had it since release.
I’ve had mine almost 2 months, and, fortunately, no scratches yet - but I’ve heard enough stories that I’m very, very careful 😂

Captain Captain

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I’ve had mine almost 2 months, and, fortunately, no scratches yet - but I’ve heard enough stories that I’m very, very careful 😂
Same here - being very careful with it. I also have a Samsung S23 and when I pick that up after my Razr 40, it feels like a solid slab and you realise how sturdy conventional mobiles have become. I do use both equally though.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I have a Flip 3, and I only wipe the inner screen off with a cloth microfiber towel. Don't use those non-cloth shiny glasses type wipes.. they're made out of some kind of synthetic fiber made for glass, not the plastic screen protectors on our phones 😯

Reactions: Mr. Lucky

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't have any scratches yet, but it's not my primary device, however I do not use screen protectors on it either

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
I have a Flip 3, and I only wipe the inner screen off with a cloth microfiber towel. Don't use those non-cloth shiny glasses type wipes.. they're made out of some kind of synthetic fiber made for glass, not the plastic screen protectors on our phones 😯
Agreed. I have the Razr+, and only use a microfiber cloth with a small amount of anti-static automotive detail spray on it (or just fog the screen with my breath and wipe with the microfiber).

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I’ve decided to give the moto a rest for a bit and have gone back to a solid non folding gorilla glass phone. I’m liking giving the glass a wipe with my shirt which I never did with the Razr. Simple things I’ve missed. Also, when something comes thru it’s right there, full screen in my face, no need to unfold. I’ve forgotten how simply nice that is. I’ve got the plus so the little screen can do a lot but biggest downside is it’s , well , little. The razr is certainly a keeper and hits some sweet spots so I’ll surely miss the razr and go back but curious how long it will take. One thing I’d not thought about but using a solid glass screen feels, well , so solid compared to the plasticky one on the razr. Always wondering how many more folds I have before a tear, so taking a break for awhile. 😬

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Nothing beats a slab phone for durability and ease of use.... but for me the size factor in the pocket is just too uncomfortable. With a normal sized slab like my P6Pro, it's a wrestling match trying to get it out of my front pocket sitting down, especially in the car. And sitting down in general can be uncomfortable, I have to shift it around. And I have to be aware if I'm lifting something heavy against my leg that I don't break the screen because the phone takes up so much room.

And then there's the "is that a brick in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" effect lol.

I would prefer to use my P6Pro, but I just can't do the jumbo size anymore, the Flip is waaay more comfortable to live with. My aging eyes need the bigger screen without the bigger size 👍

I'm sure the fact I wear jeans, which don't have the biggest front pockets, also makes a difference 😉

Reactions: Laura Knotek

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Nothing beats a slab phone for durability and ease of use.... but for me the size factor in the pocket is just too uncomfortable. With a normal sized slab like my P6Pro, it's a wrestling match trying to get it out of my front pocket sitting down, especially in the car. And sitting down in general can be uncomfortable, I have to shift it around. And I have to be aware if I'm lifting something heavy against my leg that I don't break the screen because the phone takes up so much room.

And then there's the "is that a brick in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" effect lol.

I would prefer to use my P6Pro, but I just can't do the jumbo size anymore, the Flip is waaay more comfortable to live with. My aging eyes need the bigger screen without the bigger size 👍

I'm sure the fact I wear jeans, which don't have the biggest front pockets, also makes a difference 😉
Yeah, I hear that, the size is what attracted me to the razr With the option of a larger screen when wanted. I can’t get into the size of the pixel, pro, too big. Even my pixel 7 seemed too large after a while. I sold that one to help fund the Razr Currently using an iPhone 13 and it is about as large as ill ever want to go. It fits nicely in my back pocket though, and my shirt covers it so it’s not visible. I pull it out when I sit down. I must say, I didn’t think this would happen, but I’m enjoying not having to flip it open. We’ll see where this leads for me.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I’ve decided to give the moto a rest for a bit and have gone back to a solid non folding gorilla glass phone. I’m liking giving the glass a wipe with my shirt which I never did with the Razr. Simple things I’ve missed. Also, when something comes thru it’s right there, full screen in my face, no need to unfold. I’ve forgotten how simply nice that is. I’ve got the plus so the little screen can do a lot but biggest downside is it’s , well , little. The razr is certainly a keeper and hits some sweet spots so I’ll surely miss the razr and go back but curious how long it will take. One thing I’d not thought about but using a solid glass screen feels, well , so solid compared to the plasticky one on the razr. Always wondering how many more folds I have before a tear, so taking a break for awhile. 😬
Update: Lol, that didn’t last long. (2 days) I forgot how simply annoying using an iPhone can be. They make good phones but the lack of personal customization just kills it for me. Back on the Razr.