How come my Chrome bookmarks on my

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you signed in to Google on your desktop Chrome? I don't mean the Google website--I mean going to Chrome Settings and signing the actual Chrome browser in with your Google account. That's necessary for syncing bookmarks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
in chrome desktop menu-->sign in to chrome. you have to signin via chrome not just google website.
Chrome on Android has to be signed in

rjf111

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I have signed into Chrome on my desktop, and signed into Chrome on my Nexus 7, but sync is not enabled for the Chrome browser on the Nexus 7 for some reason that I have not been able to figure out. When I try to turn sync on, I get this message: "android system sync disabled please re-enable", but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to reenable it. When I try to reenable it, I get sent to the Dashboard, but cannot figure out what to do from there.

rjf111

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
As posted in a similar thread, I stumbled on a way that got it working -- which was after I installed one of those 'power tool' widgets, I turned on sync from the widget. After that I was able to sync the Chrome browser.

Raul Riveros

May 16, 2013
Visit site
rjf111 Thank you a lot.

I was looking for the solution by 6 hours. when I read your answer I found in my Kindle Fire HD (rooted) that widget. I turned on the "all app sync" and all works. :) :)
Thank you a lot.

eagleseed

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I must sync from that power widget EACH time I use Chrome! At some point while using it my imported (synced) bookmarks disappear. In fact there is no "import" function as indicated elsewhere, it is missing from the settings. Nexus techs could not help and there was no info about this on Chrome help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I replied to your similar comment in another thread: Go to Settings/Account-Google, select your Google account, then make sure Chrome is checked.

Spaceman117

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a similar problem, I can see my desktop bookmarks on my Nexus 7 2013, but I can't see my 'other bookmarks' and this is where 99% of my bookmarks are, can anyone help please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you've gone back to the "root" folder, which should show you the folders called Desktop Bookmarks, Other Bookmarks, and Mobile Bookmarks. Can you see all of those?

Lisa Evans1

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
So i am having the same problem, i think. I am logged in to chrome on laptop and nexus 7 - it says it's synched chrome, but the bookmarks don't show up - for Other Devices it shows: Lisa's PC (not sure where that came from) and last synched 14 days ago. I go to settings and have changed/re-enabled all the syncs, it says it's syncing and nothing changes in chrome. You mention a root directory - what do you mean by that? i've turned the nexus off/on, closed/reopened chrome, etc. Would love to have all my laptop bookmarks on the tablet as i am leaving tomorrow for several months where i will just have the tablet...

Also havegone into Chrome on laptop and set up sync settings per all suggestions.

Thanks for any help you can give!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Don't look at Other Devices on your Nexus 7. On that bottom strip, tap "Bookmarks" (in between "Most Visited" and "Other Devices"). You should then see a screen that says Bookmarks at the top, and probably 3 folders: Desktop Bookmarks, Other Bookmarks, and Mobile Bookmarks, like this:

Screenshot_2013-10-14-16-20-17.png

If you don't see them, then look at the top--if there are folder names after the word Bookmarks, then just tap the word Bookmarks, and it will return you to the main folder directory (what I meant by the "root" directory). For example, here's the screen with Desktop Bookmarks open:

Screenshot_2013-10-14-16-20-30.png

You would tap the word "Bookmarks" to the left of "Desktop Bookmarks" to get back to the root directory.

Mobile Bookmarks are any bookmarks that you stored locally on your Nexus 7. I don't think these are synced with the desktop. Desktop Bookmarks and Other Bookmarks should correspond to the bookmark folders on your desktop Chrome.

NASCARKev

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Mobile Bookmarks are any bookmarks that you stored locally on your Nexus 7. I don't think these are synced with the desktop.

On desktop Chrome, you can find your Mobile Bookmarks by clicking the 3-bar menu icon, choosing Bookmarks, and then scrolling to the bottom. At least that's how it appears on my system.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Interesting--I don't see it there, but when I click on Bookmark Manager, I do see the Mobile Bookmarks folder--but it's empty, even though I have locally stored bookmarks on my devices.

ozom

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
B. Diddy........ your post is the only one that worked for me and I feel a little dumb for not being able to figure this out after about 5 hours of pulling out my hair. When "Bookmarks" are opened from the Chrome menu, it is as simple as toggling backwards to "bookmarks" since the default screen automatically takes you to "Bookmarks> Mobile bookmarks". When you toggle back, you are now in the "root" folder with the three sub-folders mentioned. In retrospect, I do feel dumb, but then again, this is my first Android device and my learning curve is still going up
Thank you for your post and the screenshots that were very helpful..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38