GTA vice city problem - Can't trigger taxi missions with controller

alexduffey

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I am using a PS3 sixaxis controller with my Nexus 7 to play Vice City however I've found I cannot start the taxi missions using the horn button (R3). Has anyone else had this issue?

chicagocouch

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey! I'm STILL trying to figure out what's so great about this game. I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a purchase than this game. I remember 11 years ago my 35 year old friend was raving about it..and kept trying to force me to play it. I tried it once and couldn't remember why I disliked it then. Now I bought it on a whim for my Galaxy S4 because I'm waiting for the new Modern Combat and Deus Ex games to be released. U have no issues with the graphics....nor even the game. What I don't get is: why the heck does the POV keep changing all the time when you're walking/running/driving?? The game is difficult enough to control on a touchscreen without screwing up my orientation when I'm doing these things! I mean...honestly...is this why people find it fun? That you have to become incredibly skilled just to do something as mundane as walking? I won't even mention how frustrating it is to fight when you can't even line up with your opponent without overshooting him. If I'm watching my character drive (which is difficult ebough to do) I really don't think it's becessary to see the car from the front and fckn up my controls because of it!
Or is that how you "level up" in the game? By constantly crashing until you become adept enough to not crash. For $5, I suppose it's a deal...but for the same price, I think I should've gobe with a Gangstar game because iirc, the POV stays the same throughout the game. Haven't played it since I had the first one on my Palm Pre 4 years ago...but I'm prettt sure it didn't go in for that kind of silly nonsense.
I am truly asking here. I'd like to know what the appeal is. I LOVED the port if Max Payne and thought it would be similar and that's pretty much why I bought it. Also...this may sound na?ve, but is there a way to play the game without the rapidly shifting POVs? I think I would enjoy it then but have a sinking feeling that part of the "fun" is this aspect of the game. Is this so?
I'd totally appreciate any input here...but understand if you think I'm being a Barney.
Also...I totally get why ppl play these games with a controller when using a tablet...but is it common to use one with a phone? Because I've seen posts from phone users who ask about controller support. That seems silly to me. The whole reason you play on your phone is to...play on your phone!! Right? Or am I just way too uninformed?
Thanks, and I hope you get the taxi thing working!! :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty