google sign in problems and sync errors

lsg267

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Keep getting error message when trying to sign in with my google account - your domain requires mobile device management - install the "Google apps device policy" app to enforce security policy required by the <username> account. It would appear this account applies to business, education and government - so not me then! I have deleted my google account from the tablet, changed my password via desktop but when I try to add this account to the tablet, it is not recognising the change of password either. Also receiving 'sync is currently experiencing problems, it will be back shortly' message - so frustrated - would be grateful for any help. Thanks

lsg267

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
it's a sky.com email - been working ok for months, just last week - not sure if it's anything to do with sky changeover from google to yahoo? although email settings are as shown on sky website.

Mitchathome

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Both my wife and I each own Galaxy s3's and just recently we have been experiencing the same problem. We are both SKY email users and are now collecting our mail via the Yahoo app. Could it be something to do with the fact that we previously used Gmail and now we are using yahoo that it has screwed up the sync settings ?
I have no desire to download the google apps device policy as it suggests it's use is for business users and that I need version 2.2 software neither of which I or my wife have.
this is a very frustrating problem and this error message constantly keeps telling me the same message "Sign in error, Your Domain requires Mobile device management ................
Any help with resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated

stevipop

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm suffering the same annoying message on my Galaxy S3. I don't think it's device related but the link between sky/yahoo/google appears to be quite strong, judging by the reviews appearing lately both on the Play Store, and here. Anyone else? Please jump in.

Like Mitchathome, I have no desire to download an app that is neither needed, nor required, and appears entirely inappropriate for my use. I haven't been locked out of anything (yet), but fear that the longer this persists, the greater the chance that something may occur that will render one or more of my accounts inaccessible.

Homerj_30

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I too am having the same issue. Also a Sky email account. I think it's to do with the change on the Sky / Yahoo email but I can't find a way change settings on the email account either on the phone, desktop or at Sky. Any help? Thanks

I now find that I can't add a new contact because it won't sync. Grrrrr.

Last edited:

TaoJBrown

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same problem on my HTC Desire C, and also have a sky email. As of today it's saying there's a sign in error and cant connect to the google servers.

Anyone have any clue what's causing all this?

aida artigas

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a sign in error when I signed in with Google on my HTC; instead of resilience, I had signed in as resilince and has forgotten my password too. I could never sign in for apps that I wanted to download as when Google does it's authentication is says that my username is in correct and not the right password.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty