Video apps not working on 4.3

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Tried these 3rd party apps on my stock N7 running 4.3 (sideloaded it) and none work:

MX Player Pro (msg: Android version not supported)
Dice Player (crashes)
Archos Video (msg that Android 4.3 not supported yet)

Google Play Movies works - no surprise. I haven't found other apps that don't work yet - I'll report any others I come across.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Tried these 3rd party apps on my stock N7 running 4.3 (sideloaded it) and none work:

MX Player Pro (msg: Android version not supported)
Dice Player (crashes)
Archos Video (msg that Android 4.3 not supported yet)

Google Play Movies works - no surprise. I haven't found other apps that don't work yet - I'll report any others I come across.

Wow, any word on BS Player? That's pretty much a deal breaker for me. What good is Android if it becomes iOS or Kindle? I don't use ANY of the Play * services and have them all disabled on one of my devices. If Android becomes a steaming dmca turd, what is the point of the entire AOSP?

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow, any word on BS Player? That's pretty much a deal breaker for me. What good is Android if it becomes iOS or Kindle? I don't use ANY of the Play * services and have them all disabled on one of my devices. If Android becomes a steaming dmca turd, what is the point of the entire AOSP?

Just downloaded and tried it and it played an mp4 movie without a problem. As for the others, I assume that they will have updates out soon (MX Player Pro has a number of Play Store reviewers crying for 4.3 support).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been lucky enough to play with 4.3 yet, but maybe consider a partition cache wipe? Instructions at the bottom of this article:

Why is My Nexus 7 So Slow? 8 Ways to Speed it Up Again

I should add something to the steps that this person described for the partition cache wipe. After selecting "Recovery Mode," you'll end up seeing the Android lying down with its chest open, and the words "No Command" under it. At that screen, press the power button and the volume up button at the same time, then release. That should give you the Android System Recovery menu.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and I can confirm as well that MX Player doesn't work yet with 4.3. I'm sure they're working hard on an update.

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded vplayer and it works great. There are lots of posts in the mx forum asking for updates. No responses yet, though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Roboj1m

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Nothing works for me when clicking on video links from the facebook app, no tried anything else yet.

This includes not playing using Gallery.

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Finding my MX Player PRO not working with 4.3, I've sidelined it until an update and installed the VLC Player BETA on my N7. No problems there at all. I did enable H/W accelerated decoding in Preferences, if that makes a difference...

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress