nexus 7 - screen repeating itself, area of colour distortion

nexme

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi there guys,

I Recently received a replacement nexus 7 for my one that died after android 4.3, and have encountered a problem.

As soon as I turned my new nexus on, there was a problem with the keyboard area. It was under lapping, in a way that showed only part of each of the middle keys.

Today, this problem has shown that it occurs in a particular area of my screen. This under lapping was occurring as I scrolled through Google. This potentially happened yesterday as well but I am unsure.

However, the screen now, in this area, has started showing colour distortion. False, washed out colour. For instance blue into washed out yellow. The problem is not occurring all the time. Sometimes it is, sometimes its fine, sometimes it flickers. The problem also causes touch accuracy problems

One of the problems is that the device did receive a small drop last night, about 2 feet onto carpet, landing on its back. I next used it in the morning. I used it for an hour or so, it was fine. I went back later and the issues started.

One thing is for sure, the under lapping problem happened when I first used it.

Can anyone tell me what this is? And if there are any potential fixes?

Many thanks for taking the time to read this. Its greatly appreciated.

EDIT: the screen repeating itself has occurred with the battery logo, sound, WiFi, and the homenscreen etc icons, occurring both to the top and bottom of the screen.

Nexme

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It's almost certainly a hardware problem. I'd get another replacement, as the unit you received was defective upon receipt. I wouldn't mention the drop.

nexme

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi Scott!

Thank you very much for your helpful and speedy response! That is good to know it is most likely a hardware problem! Is there any way it could be something else, potentially caused by the drop?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress