How can I change the data plan on my Nexus 7?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't figure it out. Have been looking on the device for almost an hour.

You have to sign up for an account online using the phone number assigned to your account, You can view the phone number assigned to you by going to settings, about tablet and then tapping on status. Once you sign up for an account online, you can then sign in and change the data plan.

Make sure the sim is in the tablet when you sign up for the account because the temporary pin will be sent to the tablet for verification in the status bar if on T-Mobile.

If you are using AT&T, go HERE. T-Mobile HERE.

It's not like an iPad where you can do this on the iPad.

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately the link you're pointing to doesn't quite work this way. Instead I get to a page where I can either "Establish New Prepaid Account" or login as an existing AT&T customer (in which case a login is required).

You have to sign up for an account online using the phone number assigned to your account, You can view the phone number assigned to you by going to settings, about tablet and then tapping on status. Once you sign up for an account online, you can then sign in and change the data plan.

Make sure the sim is in the tablet when you sign up for the account because the temporary pin will be sent to the tablet for verification in the status bar if on T-Mobile.

If you are using AT&T, go HERE. T-Mobile HERE.

It's not like an iPad where you can do this on the iPad.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Well that's where you go to manage it. I can't help you any further. You already have service going by what you posted so you should just be able to login using your email address, that's what I do on the AT&T site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo