GLGPS Battery Drain - N7 2012

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Had my N7 for a few days now, went to bed last night and the battery was around 80% got up this morning and the battery low warning indicator popped up.

Looked at my battery usage and glgps is the worst offender at 26% Does anyone know what this is and why its happening? I have location services switched off on my N7, Google Now is also switched off. I have done a bit of searching on the net and people who have experienced the same as me don't really seem to have found a resolution. There don't really seem to be any specific posts on this forum about it either.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Adam Mcgovern

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm betting it has something to do with other apps pooling location data such as Facebook and Google Plus and on and on. It's my experience that apps tend to respect airplane mode so maybe give that a try overnight. Good luck
I just did a real quick search over at xda and there seems to be quite a few threads regarding this. I just slimmed over one and it seems as if rebooting helped slightly but that doesn't make sense to me due to the fact that many of the offending apps are probably scheduled to launch at boot. In that case rooting and installing Rom Toolbox or any app that allows you to configure what runs at startup would be helpful
Sent from my Nexus 5

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
You might look after the apps which used GPS over the time without your knowing.
GSam Battery Monitor does monitor that and can show you the apps of question.
Open GSam and tap on 'App Usage', on the header menu choose 'View GPS Time Used' ...